RAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to have to totally disagree with PP.

The game looks great, occasionally stunning.

The core gameplay and shooting mechanics are top notch. The death animations are some of the best I've seen apart from games using NaturalMotion. Character design is phenomenal, seriously, some of the character models are insanely good. Art direction and environmental detail are the best i have ever seen.

Aiming down site does make a difference with guns like the pistol. Headshots make a difference too. The different ammo types are sweet.

I have a few complaints though, while generally the game looks awesome, there are one or two awful textures on less important parts of the environment, probably in an attempt to keep the game size down. I don't like the weapon selection system. The game needs to guide you better when you are within Subway Town and Wellspring, at times it tells you to go and see someone and you have no idea where they are, and spend the next 20 minutes finding them.

Vehicle combat is so-so, it results in me riding around in circles until i get on the tail end of one of the enemy, a little lacklustre. The races are far too easy, and i don't like them anyway.

But overall i love it.

I find the game to have great some great textures and fantastic character models.. There are a lot of really really lousy textures. I think the driving is one of the best parts of this game. The multi is super fun.

Game is fun....looks beautiful in motion....just some bad textures up close.

I love the shooting and the driving.

Runs very nice one one GTX 260 @ 1920x1080 8XAA

The core gameplay and shooting mechanics are top notch. The death animations are some of the best I've seen apart from games using NaturalMotion. Character design is phenomenal, seriously, some of the character models are insanely good. Art direction and environmental detail are the best i have ever seen.

Aiming down site does make a difference with guns like the pistol. Headshots make a difference too. The different ammo types are sweet.

I have a few complaints though, while generally the game looks awesome, there are one or two awful textures on less important parts of the environment, probably in an attempt to keep the game size down. I don't like the weapon selection system. The game needs to guide you better when you are within Subway Town and Wellspring, at times it tells you to go and see someone and you have no idea where they are, and spend the next 20 minutes finding them.

Vehicle combat is so-so, it results in me riding around in circles until i get on the tail end of one of the enemy, a little lacklustre. The races are far too easy, and i don't like them anyway.

But overall i love it.

I could not agree more with everything you said.

I am really having fun with it....the weapon sounds are great, some really great animations too. Looks decent, even with the static lighting.

But overall i love it.
BS and BS. The first thing I did when I played the game was look down my sites and headshot a bandit with a pistol and he in fact did not die. I know for a fact it was a head shot because I was about 10ft away from him in the game. When I headshot in BF3, it at least kills the guy.

Two shots in the skull or 5+ shots in the body to down an enemy in my experience in RAGE. 1 shot with the sniper rifle unless they are wearing a helmet.

BS and BS. The first thing I did when I played the game was look down my sites and headshot a bandit with a pistol and he in fact did not die. I know for a fact it was a head shot because I was about 10ft away from him in the game. When I headshot in BF3, it at least kills the guy.

Just because it is not 1 shot kill does not mean it doesn't make a difference.

Like overlord says, it does about 2x the damage. You need to play it more, if you shoot a bandit in the head with a fat mamma he hits the floor like a brick.

Just because it is not 1 shot kill does not mean it doesn't make a difference.

Like overlord says, it does about 2x the damage. You need to play it more, if you shoot a bandit in the head with a fat mamma he hits the floor like a brick.

Yes, he does :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom