Question on the audio connection on cdrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
What is the benefit of using the connection on the back of the cdrom case for the audio on a computer? I have seen some connected and some not. I hope I make myself clear.

No that doesn't work. Only works if you plug in the headphones in the back of your box.

I don't mean in the back of the computer box, I mean on the actual cd burner itself. There is a plug marked audio out on the back of the burner. A small cable is plugged into it. On my computer I don't have anything plugged in.

ingeborgdot said:
What is the benefit of using the connection on the back of the cdrom case for the audio on a computer? I have seen some connected and some not. I hope I make myself clear.

it doen't make a difference since the same audio is sent throughy our ide cable.

if you have a capture card you could hook the audio out to the audio in of the soundcard. then you wouldn't have to buy that 1inch 1/8 to 1/8 inch male plug to loop it in the back of the computer.

ingeborgdot I know with my old cdrom i had to have that cable hooked up or i did'nt get any sound,but hey some work with it and some work without it it just depend's how old your system is i guess,and EricB since when did you ever have to loop it thru the back?,the mother board or the sound card should have a spot on it for the cable to hook up to,but if it's working the way it is i would just leave it.

no i talking about the audio out on a capture card.

I see a lot of computers with people with capture card, they run their capture card audio out to their sound card line in with this cable.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=42-2387

they don't realize the you can do it internally without having an extra cable in the back

you are right , about some of the older cdrom and computer. that the sound didn't work when you didn't plug it in, but with the new stuff, that is a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom