Question About The Yellow and Red Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point of view:

the new card system is in "BetaTesting" phase. Anyone that wants to argue that, I'll take you out to the playground and pummel you.

When you install a new infraction system you need to CLEARLY OUTLINE what the infractions are and what will cause, as well as what the penalties are. You can't just install it and start using it without an type of documention. Which is the case here. Members start to see all these little cards popping up in there user CP's all of a sudden and now they feel much more controlled because they aren't used to it. Before it was simply a matter of an edit or a deletion. Now they are being held responsible for every little thing and it makes them feel like they are in a concentration camp and hitler is standing there with his bloody whip. You can't be yourself and you can't have any fun. You have to walk on egg shells all the time.. How many freakin' threads can you read about video cards, windows, processor, ram, overclocking... etc... God it's painfully boring.

Listen people, if you don't want to follow the rules of Tech-Forums and you don't like the way you are being treated... I've got the solution.

Head to techonvent.net/tovforums register and join.
Download a copy of ventrilo and join us on our ventrilo server.
The ventrilo server information is in the forum, once you register.

We don't not have the rules that TF does. We are very loose and allow everyone to be themselves. There are some rules for obvious legal reasons, but other then that, stop complaining about tech-forums if you don't like their forum and join a forum that was designed to be the exact opposite of tech-forums. Some people like strict and some people don't.

TF for some...
ToV for others...

(This post is not an adverstisment - It's a point)

Thanks for reading.

orly-yarly.gif

Ste and GSM, both of you are acting like children. This thread has provided a lot of valuable information about new card system and I don't want to see it locked. If you have to do this bickering, take it to TOV or somewhere that isn't here. You both say that you are mature, but you surely aren't acting like it.

No offense kfc but neither Ste nor GSM are members of ToV.

If you are on Tech-Forums questioning peoples actions, the proper way to ask them politely to handle the argument would be to ask them to handle it via PMs, not another board that has nothing to do with TF.

ORGINALLY POST HERE
ToV :: View topic - The Card counting thread
Since no of the actual infractions scores was not posted until I ask for it, I think that all current unbanned members should have infraction revoted. And I feel that the TF Mods should have Yellow Card Score Sheet sticked for every one else to read, like in the Off Topic RULES & Offending Others Sticky.
And if you do that, I think people might actually consider to treak your Yellow Red Card System a little more seriously.

Why don't we just do this, lock this thread, and put this to bed. I think that now that everyone knows how this new system works, they won't complain as much when they get a card if you reset the ones that they have already gotten...

No offense kfc but neither Ste nor GSM are members of ToV.

I would love it if references to ToV, which has NOTHING to do with this thread, would be not mentioned.

ok. sorry about that. I was simply suggesting that they should take it somewhere else, and since Havoc had just mentioned ToV as somewhere opposite of TF, I thought that it may be a good place for them to go.

ok. sorry about that. I was simply suggesting that they should take it somewhere else, and since Havoc had just mentioned ToV as somewhere opposite of tech forums, I thought that it may be a good place for them to go.

No no, it was an honest mistake. I know what you meant :) I just felt the need to clarify.

Of all people I thought you could read.
Sorry I overestimated you.... :(

Completely uncalled for. That was real mature on your part.

I would "preach" reading all posts before opening your mouth but it would fall on deaf ears.

Again, real mature. As if the first part wasn't enough.

First off his thoughts would have changed if he read all posts.

A. Your fault for not being specific enough in the first place.

B. When people aren't specific with what they're trying to say then sometimes people explode and have to respond right away therefore not reading the rest of the posts.

I respect peoples opinions, but not when people fail to read all posts.

I had something intelligent to say to this, but I can't recall it at this moment in time. Ah well.

His response was to something I did not mean and I even clarified myself in another post which I qouted below.

Again, your fault for not being specific enough in the first place.

Being a mod is something to be earned and I may never be one, but I will conduct myself like one. For it shows maturity, something which many members have little or none of..

And here I was going to invite you to the club.

I don't care if you flame me, I don't care how much you insult me. For if you do you will only be showing how weak and imature you are.

Of course you don't care if we flame you because you're too busy flaming everyone else.

You will be disciplined by someone.

As will you be.

Maybe: never by me, maybe I won't be a mod ever.

Definitely never.

But I can ensure that I will not be getting any cards.

Better quite while you're ahead then.

I don't need to flam people. I am above that.

Keep telling yourself that. You'll get far.

I will let the current mods/admins deal with what you have to say.

Why didn't you just do that from the start?

As I will report anything that breaks the rules. Against me, or anyone else.

*insert an "O RLY?!" picture here*

The reports shall continue as the need for them does.

Insubordination. Nicely done.

Article 91 of the UCMJ states the punishments for insubordination. The military doesn't tolerate insubordination very well at all.

(1) Striking or assaulting warrant officer. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.

(2) Striking or assalting superior noncommissioned or petty officer. Dishonorable discharge, for-feiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 3 years.

(3) Striking or assaulting other noncommissioned or petty officer. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 1 year.

(4) Willfully disobeying the lawful order of a warrant officer. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 2 years.

(5) Willfully disobeying the lawful order of a noncommissioned or petty officer. Bad-conduct discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 1 year.

(6) Contempt or disrespect to warrant officer. Bad-conduct discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 9 months.

(7) Contempt or disrespect to superior noncommissioned or petty officer. Bad-conduct discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 6 months.

(8) Contempt or disrespect to other noncommissioned or petty officer. Forfeiture of two-thirds pay per month for 3 months, and confinement for 3 months.

Reason: yeah...no.
What kind of reason is that for deleting a post? I wonder if I'll be getting any cards for "yeah...no" as a justification...another case in point of the flaw of the system somewhere down the line

shifty eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom