Q7500, a budget quad core for under $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like how everybody glassed over the fact that intel is coming out with a tri core. Seems to be taking another page out of AMD's book.

i like how everybody glassed over the fact that intel is coming out with a tri core. Seems to be taking another page out of AMD's book.

Wait when was this?

Should be interesting to see what sort of performance is possible with Intel Triple Cores?

You know what would be KICK ***?

Triple Core i7's. They would have lower TDP's and overclock higher.

Even with DDR3 bandwidth. AM3 would still trail behind i7 by quite a bit.

amd has a bit to go to catch up with the i7

considering they just caught up with the q6600 and the q9300-9400

and they still have no answer for the intel dual cores- e8400-8600

but one thing that does impress me about amd, their top of the line desktop cpu is only $235 while intel is still over $1,000. and the difference between those 2 you can only see in benchmarks, not to the naked eye or barely to the naked eye.

By no means am I putting down AMD. It just so happens i7 out performs Phenom II.

As far as "gaming" is concerned though, its pretty much impossible to notice the difference.

So the Phenom II is a viable option for those of us who don't care for a 40FPS difference at 100+ FPS.

By no means am I putting down AMD. It just so happens i7 out performs Phenom II.

As far as "gaming" is concerned though, its pretty much impossible to notice the difference.

So the Phenom II is a viable option for those of us who don't care for a 40FPS difference at 100+ FPS.

i agree with that 100%

my two x2's paired with the gtx 280 were neting me 175-250 fps in guildwars.
the phenom ii 940 is netting me with close to 300fps average, i cant see the difference. all i know is i love the silky smooth game play the gtx 280 provides for my favorite game :)

edit: this was taken with my 6400
932fps-1.jpg

and no, i never hit that on the average map, there was nothing around me for this pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom