Protein Drinks... Help Body Builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to do deadlifts too. Nothing is a bigger indicator of overall strength than deadlifts.

Both squats and deadlifts trigger a massive growth hormone release, when you hit those core lifts hard everything else will follow because of this added benefit.

The gym I go to doesn't allow deadlifting. Basically I go there because it's 2 minute from my house and $10 per month. "Planet Fitness".

Squats are a huge GH trigger. Also, if I can still stand when I'm through, I'll attempt 20 minute of cardio at the end of my workout. "Also a huge GH trigger".

Here's another hint: Breakfast: 1 Banana, 2 Servers of Low Sugar OatMeal, 3-5 Whole Eggs Scrambled and a tall glass of Fat Free Milk. <--- Breakfast of champions.

The gym I go to doesn't allow deadlifting. Basically I go there because it's 2 minute from my house and $10 per month. "Planet Fitness".

Squats are a huge GH trigger. Also, if I can still stand when I'm through, I'll attempt 20 minute of cardio at the end of my workout. "Also a huge GH trigger".

Here's another hint: Breakfast: 1 Banana, 2 Servers of Low Sugar OatMeal, 3-5 Whole Eggs Scrambled and a tall glass of Fat Free Milk. <--- Breakfast of champions.

you gotta get a new gym man. Can you do BB rows there?

my breakfast for a long time was 2 scoops of whey, 20oz of milk, 1/2cup of oats, 3 tbsp all natural peanut butter all blended together. That was about 830 calories. I could push it past 1000 easy if I used more peanut butter.

The biggest I ever got was 215lbs at 5'8. Benching 340, squating 420, deadlifting 500lbs - in competition.

Yeah, I did Barbell Rows today. The whole, "NO DEADLIFTING" thing is pretty much ok with me. The gym is cheap and close, that's what I care about right now. It's got everything I need more or less. I wish it had more dumbbells though. The heaviest is 80LBS, which is really getting too light for most exercises.

Although, I'm not really considered with how heavy I can lift. I go as heavy as I can and while maintaining proper form. I'm a bodybuilder, not a stunt man.

Wow, there's more knowledgable workout folks in here than I thought, haha. Good tip on the deadlifts IRON.

The 4 most important exercises in the gym are:

Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts, and Wide Pull Ups. If you can do 10 quality reps for each one, your strength is good.

This is a long shot "this being a computer forum" and everything but i'm sure at least on person here works out and drinks protein shakes.

My question is are there any good ones out there?
I'm doing Muay Thai and MMA soon i've been conditioning.

I need a good one that doesnt taste like **** but is good for you.

Ah Muay Thai. You're going to like it. I love it, best thing ever to get into. I'd suggest Western Boxing and Muay Thai for your stand up game. I did both of them for a year and love it.

What gym are you training at? Any well known MMA fighters out of there?

I've been working out for over 6 years consistently (minus the injuries). I've done boxing/kickboxing/pankration. I was going to become a personal trainer for weight training and have taken a few courses on human kinetics/nutrition/biodynamics. I'm also a very big fight fan; Boxing/MMA/Kickboxing.

Let me ask you this: What is your goal? and try to be specific.

BTW, Body building will not help you in MMA or conditioning.

That's also very true. Conditioning and getting down great technique is absolutely key. You can't beat eating right along with training hard. When you start in Muay Thai, make sure you pracitice getting down the proper technique for everything. I can't even stress how important that is.

Can any good techs check out the "trouble Shooting" area of the forums and help me with my BIOS problem??? :D

Muay Thai = The best Stand up offense IMO!!!

Glazer- I have to agree. You gotta get your shins tough as all **** though. I can't even count how many times I've been hit on my shins.

Otis, how you like the metal bar you gotta roll on your shins??? LOL, it is one of the most painful experiences I had during training; other than the occasional shin on shin contact.

Otis, how you like the metal bar you gotta roll on your shins??? LOL, it is one of the most painful experiences I had during training; other than the occasional shin on shin contact.

Haha, I never got to do the metal bar thing dude, I have heard about it.

See i was the opposite, I got to take kicks to the shins all the time. That and blocking excersises. Blocking kicks with shins is painfull.

I guess in Thailand they do excersises that are made to destroy the nerves in your shins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom