shoegal

Beta member
Win XP Pro + sp3
Adelphia Cable Services
Motorola SB4200 Surfboard Cable Modem
Linksys Wireless - G Broadband Router
Compaq Desktop Computer
Compaq Laptop

I'm having a problem with getting connected connected to the internet while using a wireless router.

My desktop is connected to the router via wire while connected to the router. The router and the desktop are in one central location. I mainly like being wireless so that I can use the laptop anywhere in my house.

I cannot get connected to the internet while using the router. I get a message that says no or limited connectivity. When I disconnect the router and plug the cable modem directly into the desktop. I get the internet with amazing speeds.

I've contected Adelphia tech support and they are telling me that there is absolutely nothing wrong and that it must be a defective router. I've bought a new router, same kind, brand but bought from a different store, even from a different state and still no internet with the router. It can't be the modem otherwise, I woul dnot be able to get connected to the internet when it's plugged directly in.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

check the advanced connections in the wireless to make sure you are connect to your network. Why and where and when did you install SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom