problems connecting to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chublake

Baseband Member
I had my internet service provider switched yesterday. After they switched it I can no longer get on the internet with the computer hard wired into the modem. I have a wireless modem and I can get on the internet wireless with my laptop. I hooked the computer directly up to the providers modem and restarted the computer and my service provider ran me through some tests to see if I have internet going to my computer and I do, but something is wrong with the computer preventing me from getting web pages. It says (The DNS server is experiencing problems.)
When I go into my Network and Sharing Center it says im hooked up the the internet, but I am unable to pull up a web page. My internet provider said its a problem with my computer as I am getting internet to it.

• Open a command prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt window, click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

ipconfig /flushdns

Im pretty sure I did that. Ill do it again to make sure later when I get home from work.

The below fixed my problem. Thanks

(Control Panel (Classic View)>Network Connections>Local Area Connection>Properties>Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)>Properties>Green Button should be present in both Obtain IP Address Automatically and Obtain DNS Address Automatically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom