Problem with wireless and wired internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronos2000

Beta member
Hey there, thanks for taking your time to help me

PROBLEM: I've had this problem for about 4 months now. Whenever I downloaded a file even at 1kb/s every other computer in the house's internet lags so hard they can't even go on google.. it effects the wired and wireless users in my house. Also when I play a game and I do something that involves me interacting with another ip like me killing someone, something blowing up, respawning any type of action, my ping goes up to 2k and i usually lag out then i gotta disconnect my router and reconnect and it will still do it again and again and again. Now this problem usually occurs all of the day except for 8am-2pm for some reason I find those hours I don't have this problem. Also when I do something involving peer-to-peer interaction like downloading a file involving different people like torrenting the internet lags really hard but the download is fine.

SPECS: D-link DIR-625 router, very updated and expensive computers, wireless cards, and modem

WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR: I bought a new router of the same type and I still get this problem. I called up my ISP (Rogers) and they say that the internet signal or something is high and it might mess up the internet at our house so they put filters on but the filters actually made the internet slower so we took them off ourselves.

please help!

This is my speedtest
1426795309.png

Typical cable connection, you experience issue during peak time. Consider upgrading your plan to a faster connection so you aren't left out when people are hogging the bandwidth.

Try connecting directly to the modem to see if the problem still exist during those hours where you experience the problem. Make sure you aren't splitting the connection for the modem to much.

Reboot the modem. Run a speed test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom