Problem with ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellyOne

Baseband Member
ok i built a new rig about a month ago and i have a problem with the ram.
my specs are....

cpu = core 2 duo e6600
gcard = evga 8800gts
powersupply = 650 watts
motherboard = ASUS p5n-e sli
ram = 2 sticks of 1gb corsair xms ddr2 800
harddrive = seagate sata 320gb

ok so my problem with the ram started when i first built the pc and was trying to install window.....every time i would install it i got an error so i took one stick out and it installed fine....then i put the stick back in and the comp kept locking up so i assumed i had a bad stick of ram.

well a weird problem has come up and to explain it i will name them by letters

the stick that was supposedly the good stick = Stick A
the stick that was supposedly the bad stick = stick b

ok so lately i have been using just stick a and everthing was going fine.......but a couple of days ago i decided to try using both sticks again. so i tried putting stick b in by itself just to see if works......and it worked....i played a game and nothing went wrong.....so i then put stick a back in with stick b. it was setup like this. stick b in slot a1 and stick a in slot b1....i did that because the colors of the slots matched up so i assumed it was right....but i started up and it wouldnt get past bios so i assumed i put it in the wrong slot.......so i put stick b in slot a1 and stick a in slot a2.....and i got windows to start but after a few seconds it crashed....so i then assumed that is wasnt a problem with the stick but a problem with the slot....however.......i decided o well ill just put stick a back in by itself....so i took stick b out and put stick a back in.....didnt work....i had it in the right slot....i was using the stick of ram i thought to be the good one since it had worked perfect for a month and now all of a sudden it doesnt work(as in windows crashed and sometimes doesnt start......so i tried stick b by itself and it works.....so now im completely dumbfounded and i was hoping u guys could figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom