Problem with patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie-Kane

Baseband Member
Hey. I am having a problem with the patches that i install for games. I have recently in stalled the patches for stalker and bf2. but when i started up the game it just came up with a black screen. when i presed ctrl+alt+delete it said it wasnt responding. they worked fine before the patches. what am i doing wrong?

It probably isn't you. Before you install the patches, make sure your rig is clean of any malware. Also kill any background processes that might give your rig a hiccup during the installation.

Reload the patches, just in case they ended up corrupted. Then try again. The 1.41 patch for BF2 is very stable, so it should go off flawlessly.

Malware = viruses, adware, spyware.

Make sure your anti-virus is up to date and do a thorough scan. Use an online scanner as a backup. TrendMicro's HouseCall is a good one:
TrendSecure | HouseCallâ„¢ Free Scan

Scan your rig with a couple of anti-spyware programs. I recommend Ad Aware and Spybot (both are free and available from MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities.). Warez Monater has a much more indepth list posted in the virus forum. If you use Spybot, be sure to let it immunize your system as well.

okay ive done that. should i reinstall the patches as i just tried bf2 and it isnt working

If it's anything like my old computer.

Try: Reinstalling Game, Install older patch (E.g 1.2/1.3), then install the 1.41 patch.

this is a screenie of the things that start when i start my pc. could any of these conflict?

startup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom