Problem with Gmail Contacts and Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
So, I lost my phone a few weeks ago and am getting a replacement shortly (iPhone 4! woot)

I had recently restored my computer (about a week ago) to find that everything except my contacts were still on my backup drive. For some reason, the folder was just empty. I knew the folder had them in there before reformat because I checked.

So now I'm trying to get my contacts off of my Gmail account (they're on there because of the Nexus One I owned for a little while had synced them to my Gmail account, which I am greatful for :tongue:)

When I go into my Gmail Contacts on the site and click "Export -> Everyone (All Contacts)", it gives me one file. "google.csv" for the Google CSV format option, "contacts .csv" for the Outlook CSV format option, and "contacts.vcf" for the vCard format option. The first two options give me an excel spreadsheet with all the information in them. The last one gives me a single contact (the person who's first on my contact list...)

Am I doing something wrong? I want to export all of these contacts as individual contact files, but I don't think that's possible, is it?

Well at any rate, I just want my contacts from Gmail on my desktop for archiving. Is there any way this can be done?

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

You will have to import the contacts to Outlook and then export them again. Sadly since you are doing it from a web based interface, they only do single files not individual files for the contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom