Prob with Valve games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerhouse

Baseband Member
Not sure if anyone has the answer I am looking for however, I think it is worth giving it a shot asking here.

I am currently having a prob with my valve games, Half-Life 2 & etc.
Whenever I log into the game my computer resets. I am guessing it is prob something I am gonna have to auto config with the resolution.

I played it on all my other comps. Current one I am trying to play on and having no luck has a typical mid chipset 256 along with a 19" LCD widescreen. I am starting to think that this game is reseting because of a resolution matter. It worked at 1st, however my brother (much more power hungry than me) decided to change the aspect ratio. And from there on end it has not been working.

Prob best if I continue reading that technical difficulty info valve had to share. There was some answer's there that could have solved my problem however, I thought I could check in to see if anyone knew about this and had a easy method.

Well, I alrdy draged this on to long and poorly wrote it out. lol, it is x-mas eve and I am gonna nab some sleep. Can't write for $h!t atm... Thx, for those that read this!

Okay, if you are gaming on a widescreen and your brother set the aspect ratio to a standard size. I think it might do that, worst case if you cant get into the game you might just have to reinstall it and let it set back to defauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom