pre-historicly slow computer for no apparent reason!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider894

Baseband Member
so all the sudden one day my computer just slows down so much that it takes it more than a minute to open my mozzila firefox. it won't run any sort of program without freezing witch causes a restart. even opening my documents is a evening long task!!! not quite sure what spiked this. i did load up the hard drive with some stuff from another computer that i was backing up (the computer had no internet access so no viruses/spyware/malware etc.... would have been spread though this process.) i am just not sure what caused this, any one have any ideas. the computer is a windows XP SP2 with the SP3 update that i downloaded from the microsoft site. i am a computer geek but can not figure this one out.

I don't know man. It is still sounds like a virus to me. I have no other ideas.

even though it has been this way for a few months?? and it doesn't get any worse or any better as every day goes on. and if it is a virus then how does my scans come up clean?? is there some way i can get some help to find out if i do or not?

Spyware, when in doubt and your computer is acting extremely slow out of 'nowhere' you usually have a virus or adware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom