Potentially the longest thread in history...

Any local PC shops? many of them have tones of IDE an SATA cables around the place, somtimes they give them away for a £1 a time or free if they have enough of them.

my green uv goop for my watercoolin is coming in tomorrow!!!

and while running my loop last night.. i realised i didnt have a clamp tightened on the rad!!! and it was leaking!! WOMP WOMP.. good thing i checked last night.. i don't know why it wasnt leaking the previous day... my mind is befuddled

and saxon.. i'm thinking of heading over to fry's... i tried best buy... but those guys are idiots and couldnt help me... i may try a local pc shop down the street from me...

but last time i went there... i asked for a socket am2 board and they said... we have socket 939... its better... and they also showed me to their top end gpu... the 6800gt!!! WHOAAA... at the time i had an 8800gtx... and i just laughed turned around and left the store...

and lets not forget... upon the release of the core 2 duo.. i went to another local pc shop.. cuz i didnt wanna wait for newegg to ship it to my place

i walk in the shop and ask... "hey, do you guys have the new core 2 duo e6600 conroe's?"

gentlemen at the counter looks at me blankly for a few seconds....

"the pentium d?"

so i says... "no.. the new core 2 duo's they just released today"

man: "hrm... lemme check the back.."

i wait for a few minutes

"i have to ask my manager.. let me go ask him"

so he pulls his manager out to the floor with me

i ask the manager the same question "do you guys carry the new Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Dual core"

manager: "ya.. we carry pentium d's"

me: "no its not the same thing"

so the guy turns around and checks his computer, then suddenly says... let me check the back

and i swear to you.. i waited in the main room for 20 freakin minutes... to associates.. no one there to help.. nobody.. jsut me standing there... so i say screw this and walk out...

my local pc shops are full of idiots...

Who works at a computer shop and doesn't keep up to date?

All the little shops around here are the same way. Theres one next to the bus stop thats sellng parts from the 90's (still in the box somehow) at a premium price, and they charge 75 dollars an hour to install on OS on your computer, and there signs says (avg os install time = 3hrs)

No joke, they have an original Pentium (With MMX!) box in their window, I think the price is 60 bucks.

During the 8800GT shortage I called and asked if they had any he had no idea what it was at first but then told me he could get me one for 300 dollars in a couple of days, I told them how best buy was selling them for $280 but they were currently out of stock because they were pretty popular.... Right then he had the nerve to up the price to 400 dollars. Just because I told him they were sold out and popular.

This is from their website.. to show you how up to date they are...

Get Connected Today Unlimited Internet Access
$16.00
Unlimited 56K Internet dial-up Access

comes with:

Free - 4 Email Accounts

Free - 5 MB of Web Space

My dad bought a computer from Harvey Norman about 8 years ago, and since it was getting old he went back and decided to purchase a new one. As soon as i saw their computers i lol'ed at the $999 price tag for a Cel D, 256 ram and Windows XP INCLUDED!!!!

So we worked our way to the big flashy shelfs with the $2000+ computers and my dad starts looking at "The Ultimate Media Center" as i walk off to the games, i come back and theres some guy vomiting all the crap that they give you about how "This computer is top notch" and "It will still be good for another 10 years" crap. So i look at the $3000, (yes $3000) price tag and expect to see some Core 2 comp (core 2 was just released around this time) and maybe a new 8 series card. Well try, E2160, 2 GIG of RAM !!! (Which turned out to be 1 gig of ram), a 7600GS! (Which was described as a monster card for the latest gaming) and their trump card, XP MEDIA CENTER!!!!! ZOMG!.

Well i tried to explain to my dad that I (meaning my friends cause i was a bit noob at that time) could build this pc for around $1000 excluding the monitor, but my dad didn't trust me and thought the 20 something year old man with his superman tie had years of experience and was giving him a real deal.

In the end the guy tried to argue with me that this pc is superior to most pc's on the market and my dad bought it.

Moral of the story, **** Harvey Norman.

Back
Top Bottom