Potentially the longest thread in history...

I survived the ordeal. All three were old root canals that we could not afford to have crowned, and all three have been broken off for 15 years or so.

Two came out after some work but the other did not want to let go. The dentist even tried splitting it to take it out and could only get part of it, so they had to call in another dentist in the office. He ended up having to grind out some of the bone surrounding the tooth to get it out. I am in a bit of pain now that the novocaine has worn off. Now to get the bleeding to finally stop.

I go back in three weeks for a crown on the tooth I got a root canal in a week or so ago, as well as the prep work for a bridge between that crown and a canine to cover the spaces left from two of the teeth removed today.

£20? After insurance all of my work will cost about $4500 or more. Over half will be for the bridge but since the teeth I lost were premolars I am willing to pay it to be able to chew.

Good to hear it went well.

Its £20 for a checkup, if you need fillings and a clean itll be £50 to £80. Not sure how much root canal costs on the NHS.

However if you need work done privately, e.g. cosmetic work outside what the NHS say is necessary, its just as expensive as the US. My friend is having a brace for 18 months done at a private dentist and its £5,500.

edit: Root Canal on the NHS is “Band 3” which is the most expensive work, at £256

Last nite I managed after some weeks of avoiding the situation to get the last of the components fitted in an old case and managed to get the connections connected to the MoBo such as Power, HDD LED and Reset.

I had this system what the PSU blew. I mean that thing was gone. Lying in bed one day and all I heard was a clean bang threw the surge strip. Put an old PSU in tested it with the equipment I have and the thing is up and running now with all components connected and functioning.

Got Mint installed on it and networked to my primary use Desktop.

Had another system what the memory blew on it. Shut the thing down just by pressing the power button and booted it tonite and instantly errors were popping up all over the place from the LED's on the case to the screen showing horizontal lines and the system freezing.

Not to mention I also cleaned out my wardrobe and threw out two carrier bags and a box of old crap such as keyboard and an old heap of **** tower system.

Finally found my Micro USB charger so I can now connect my VPN Router what I specifically bought to my network.

I have pfSense running on a Rack but I'm curious how this will pan out on my lab.

----------------------------------------

You see gyes, listen to this.

I have a desktop hear I use everyday what is my world. I have ramped up the speck over time with extra drives and more memory but I have also put another NIC in.

So I have my on board LAN connected to my ISP internet threw my various devices etc:

But thing is. Under mint, you can disable the automatic connection of the Network Manager up on boot as a security feature for manual connection.

So I'm thinking, if I use an RJ-45 LAN Ethernet and use my VPN Router on the dedicated NIC . Its kinda like having multiple LAN to primary WAN.

I'll not be able to use both connections simultaneously but for my Home Lab, having two modes of primary connection would be sweet and I also get to play with hardware.

Sweet eh.

:cool:

Last edited:
Anyone ever seen this before? I guess it happens when Sh** goes so sideways on your computer that it can't even render the BSOD properly. I got it sorted out luckily since I am on vacation with this as my only computer. I was notified of a new graphics driver from geforce so I went to update it but I forgot I had a VM running and somehow that may have messed everything up. I couldn't even boot back up and had to do a system restore which allowed me to boot up again. I got lucky with this because I would have no functioning computer to game on while staying for 3 weeks in the most boring town imaginable. I think I'm just going to leave my drivers alone until I get back home :)

IMG_20180714_154614020.jpg

Yikes... if you're willing to make the move down here, SpaceX has three openings. two tech's and an analyst. If you're a Windows guy you would probably qualify for the Analyst spot.

Back
Top Bottom