Potentially the longest thread in history...

JavaScript, HTML, and CSS (and PHP) are pretty quick and easy. Build a website in a popular framework (like MateralizeCSS or Bootstrap) and you'll get addicted. :tongue:

Does Bootstrap serve much use any more ? With flexbox's + CSS Grid etc, responsive web design is easier than ever without any other frameworks.

Does Bootstrap serve much use any more ? With flexbox's + CSS Grid etc, responsive web design is easier than ever without any other frameworks.

Bootstrap 4 implements Flexbox, and adds in a bunch of pre-made components, as well as wrapping CSS grid / flexbox. It also takes into account browsers that may not support it fully.

Bootstrap 4 implements Flexbox, and adds in a bunch of pre-made components, as well as wrapping CSS grid / flexbox. It also takes into account browsers that may not support it fully.

Fair enough, i'm a newbie when it comes to html/css so not down with the ins and outs.

To be honest though my policy is I just don't support old devices and browsers. Ain't got time for that. I just check the site works in Chrome, Edge and Firefox. Then down to iPhone 4 and Galaxy S3. Everyone else can get lost :lol:

I wrote my personal directory with materializeCSS and previously bootstrap... I really like materalize https://dir.ifargle.com
(ignore the red flashing things... I'm working on a migration :tongue: )

Nice, I really like it. But I don't see anything there you couldn't achieve pretty easily without frameworks ? What does this materialize thing give you ?

Okay, flashing icons would not be easy with raw css/html and even JS. But i'm a noob, maybe it is easy :p

Well boys, I'm pretty pissed. Pissed off to be perfectly honest.

I wanted to get my self something. Like something for my self for a while but when I look around its the same old **** as usual.

I mean I'm pretty frustrated. I enjoy nice things. Like most people and lets face it who doesn't want to get them selves something nice when they can afford it and have a few quid extra to spend but when I look around its the same old ****.

When I took out my VPN Sub. I learned so much because I had something to do and get my head around. When I look at even the the likes of a custom build for say £450 or something budget like £300 its just the same old. I've had high end systems and I've got servers.

At the minute I'm currently running Satellite equipment to Amp up my signal from my router and doing a lot with my Home SOHO \ Home Lab.

Maybe I'm getting burnt out. Like seriously. Its just the same old on the market and I'm not sure what to do next to be perfectly honest.

I like to play, build and experiment.

I'n private messages I've spoken to people about Network Cabs, Server Racks and installing Omnidirectional WiFi equipment and doing a lot of other things but I'm I'm at a loss now and I don't know were to go with my learning curve and enjoyment building and creating networks and taking apart PC's and such.

I've done so much in the last 8 years hear at home my family have went crazy at me.

If you read my posts and take an interest you'll know my property is quite small in regards to my home, what is somewhat of a problem because I have had rite; and listen up carefully. I have had up too a dozen Systems with servers running, KVM switches. Thank you Yami for letting me know about what they are and do ..

Most of my knowledge has come from you gyes hear on tf and literally asking Google stupid questions at time. We've all got to start somewhere but I have made leaps and bounds in 8 hears, what I mean is when I say my family have went mental at me is because this at times has not been a home to live in but just one big experimental house \ home for technology. If you think about it. I'm in a bed sit and running two servers at the minute and three desktops and Satellite equipment along with multiple monitors ETC: ETC: ..

All I'm saying is I'm running out of ideas and I'm starting to get lost with were I'm going.

I don't know what I can do next .. :(

Maybe focus less on the hardware, more on software. What virtualization technologies are you familiar with? Maybe you can set up some HA Proxmox cluster -- a dozen systems would be neat to see in Proxmox :tongue:

I'd recommend Proxmox+Ceph for distributed storage.

Heck, with that many systems, OpenStack would be really cool.

Currently sitting in the dentist office waiting to be called back to have three broken teeth removed. I am so not looking forward to this.

Currently sitting in the dentist office waiting to be called back to have three broken teeth removed. I am so not looking forward to this.

I hate the dentist, so I fullfil the British stereotype by just not going for checkups (it's every 3 months, cant be bothered). I figure I will just go to the dentist when my teeth actually have a problem. Plus it's like £20 for a checkup these days, and that's the price of two 12" pizza's from Domino's, so i'd rather do that instead.

I survived the ordeal. All three were old root canals that we could not afford to have crowned, and all three have been broken off for 15 years or so.

Two came out after some work but the other did not want to let go. The dentist even tried splitting it to take it out and could only get part of it, so they had to call in another dentist in the office. He ended up having to grind out some of the bone surrounding the tooth to get it out. I am in a bit of pain now that the novocaine has worn off. Now to get the bleeding to finally stop.

I go back in three weeks for a crown on the tooth I got a root canal in a week or so ago, as well as the prep work for a bridge between that crown and a canine to cover the spaces left from two of the teeth removed today.

£20? After insurance all of my work will cost about $4500 or more. Over half will be for the bridge but since the teeth I lost were premolars I am willing to pay it to be able to chew.

Back
Top Bottom