Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm supposed to get a raise every 6 months until I hit their cap. I've worked here for 2 years now and nothing, and in fact my pay was dropped. My technical position here demands 65k but when I came in I was making 42k. In June I was dropped to 38k. I actually have another tab open applying for a night position somewhere else. So sick of being **** on really. I think a ton of people around the world are dealing with this but it's so taboo to talk about it people just deal with it. ****ing 2016 man.

Eh be careful man, I dunno what your company policy is, but quite a few people have been let go of here as they were found looking for other jobs during working hours.

But yeah it sucks ***. I've been working a completely different role for 10 months now and i'm still on the same pay was I was 2 years ago on 1st line support resetting passwords. Asked for pay rise over 2 months ago now, all i've heard was 3 weeks ago my boss was "still following through with it" but I havnt seen a single ****ing email surrounding it from or to anyone that has anything to do with it since I first raised it. I feel like he's just dragging it out til a leave :mad:

Eh be careful man, I dunno what your company policy is, but quite a few people have been let go of here as they were found looking for other jobs during working hours.

But yeah it sucks ***. I've been working a completely different role for 10 months now and i'm still on the same pay was I was 2 years ago on 1st line support resetting passwords. Asked for pay rise over 2 months ago now, all i've heard was 3 weeks ago my boss was "still following through with it" but I havnt seen a single ****ing email surrounding it from or to anyone that has anything to do with it since I first raised it. I feel like he's just dragging it out til a leave :mad:
Our contract ends in 2 weeks, everybody has been talking about new jobs since June when **** hit the fan and my boss has even been linking me to EBS Deskside jobs here. I don't want to work here anymore though. I cut my beard for an interview over vacation which was widely known before it even happened. I'm not too worried about it.

Oh **** man I just got a huge scowl lol.

Saying how we need to clean this and this up because the new EBS director is coming and *insert 2 names of people that annoy the **** out of us* are going to be here next week too. I'm like ****ing christ I'm so glad I'm leaving this bull**** behind me. He gave me a real dirty look lol.

I'm glad I'm one of the few people who like my job. Well paid, decent hours, good benefits, great on-site stuff (ie, free breakfast / lunch / dinner every day, masseuse, free drinks, etc). Been getting my pay raises when expected, an awesome laid back boss, etc.

I expect a pretty large one when I graduate too. And then off to get my masters degree :tongue:

This is an interesting read for anyone, but particularly those who want to look after their health or are trying to diet. We’re All Guinea Pigs in a Failed Decades-Long Diet Experiment | VICE | United States

I've heard rumblings about the 'fat is bad for you' myth here and there for years now, but this article is one of the better ones i've read.

I feel like in 50 years or so we'll have understood most if not all of the key aspects around diet, nutrition, weight loss etc. And I think the end conclusion will be a lot simpler, and more logical, than all the diet fad crap you see passed around right now. There is such a huge volume of conflicting dietry information on the web, and yet I bet 95% of it is bull****. I genuinely expect the tl;dr conclusion in 50 years to be "Don't eat processed food. Eat natural foods. Stay within your calorific range". There will be no more bull**** diets and crap all over the place, pure factual data driven science will dictate what is actually a good diet, with just a few slight variants based on individuals and their lifestyle.

I'm glad I'm one of the few people who like my job. Well paid, decent hours, good benefits, great on-site stuff (ie, free breakfast / lunch / dinner every day, masseuse, free drinks, etc). Been getting my pay raises when expected, an awesome laid back boss, etc.

I expect a pretty large one when I graduate too. And then off to get my masters degree :tongue:

My job role is like 75% WinTel sysadmin work now, and I do enjoy it. I don't dread work the next day at all when I just have my routine sysadmin work to do. My boss is pretty chill, flexible when it comes to lunch hours, leaving early etc. The company as a whole is laid back. I like it. The only negatives are the 25% ****ing BULL**** support work I get dragged into, and the fact that while I like my boss and get on well with him (even outside of work) I feel that he is overly concerned with his professional reputation, and that our friend-like relationship is only applicable when it doesn't conflict with his professional interests. Basically I think that if I did something that made him look bad, he would not back me up or be any kind of 'bro' boss. He'd throw me under the bus in an instant if it was of benefit to him.

In his defence I havn't really witnessed that behaviour in any kind of major way, just small cue's and hints of it here and there. Perhaps I am being harsh. But you know when you just get that feeling about someone that no matter how much you like someone and get on with them, that you just cant trust them ? its like that.

Last edited:
A coworker slipped me some info the other day above upcoming pay changes for my company. Nothing is 100% until I see it on my paycheck, though.

Last edited:
It makes me super pissed off. My mum sold two watches to a Chinese couple that came to about $100k. Cost price was about $30k for the company. So the company owner basically made $70k profit in a single sale, and yet he won't even pass a tiny tiny fraction of the companies profits onto staff pay rises.

I've already saved the CEO 12+ weeks of waiting around to get his drones fixed by doing them on-site instead of sending back to china, not to mention to $30K+ job he had lined up with them doing some filming that wouldn't have been possible otherwise. But bonus last christmas was $50 :p like wow, thanks man.

I don't know a single company here that offers perks like those. Hell where I'm at currently we don't get free anything, not even coffee or tea. The "best" offer we have is joining the "social club" for a fee of $3/paycheck so you get access to $4 beers. Beers which cost the company $2.60 to buy. **** that for a joke :grin:

I feel like in 50 years or so we'll have understood most if not all of the key aspects around diet, nutrition, weight loss etc. And I think the end conclusion will be a lot simpler, and more logical, than all the diet fad crap you see passed around right now.

Well understood sure, but guaranteed there will still be like 100+ different groups pushing different diets/lifestyles :neutral: you'll still see pale semi-sick looking people walking around proclaiming how eating paleo is the only way to go.

Back
Top Bottom