Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today in my intro to computer science class (I transferred colleges and my old one didn't have an equivalent course.) a person tried to tell me that the only reason why another student couldn't install Office 2010 on their Mac running Windows was because the computer was made by Apple. I told them that when you install Windows on a Mac through bootcamp it's just like running Windows on a PC, but they kept arguing that it was impossible for a Mac to run Windows without emulation and that installing Windows through bootcamp was emulation.

It's so funny listening to people try to talk about Apple computers without knowing about them.

You'd be surprised at how often 4chan has "scour photobucket until you see nudes" threads lol.
That's what I was doing because I was bored. You just go to recent and hit refresh. I found this chick who had pics of her being butt naked with her child in the tub (you could see everything) + her dude too. It's like man, I wear swim trunks when I bathe my kid :confused:
Then she had nude pics of herself on there when she was like 8 months preg. :OhGodWhy:
And I noticed that in almost every refresh there was a topless duck face black chick. If you go to any of their profile they have all kinds of stuff that makes you just go.
1348649070801.png

Impressive. But then, you do have a puny AMD tri-core. Heil Intel!
If I still had my 720 I bet it would play any game perfectly fine.
:TrueStory:

Today a friend and I got into a battle and I realized I have a lot of computer parts =/

...as they jutted from a cacophonous range of body parts, spiring centrally outward from the lake of blood and other vital fluids.

LOL that post made me laugh PP

But yeah your right about the 720 with the exception of GTA that game needs as much CPU as it can get.

LOL.

He was saying something like I'll get all my computers together and I could woop your ass. I was like yeaaaaa.....no. He then names off all his stuff and I was like pleeeeease *names off all CPUs I have*. Pwnt.

It hasn't been widely reported but so far every iPhone 5 user on Anandtech who has tested theirs has had issues with purple flares/haze around some or all light sources.

iPhone 5 defective camera thread (purple flare) - AnandTech Forums

Ha, I just tried and mine has that problem. It's a non issue, it's the first time I've seen it. It doesn't occur in any normal photograph. If its something that becomes a problem ill get it replaced. But I doubt it will. Even proper SLR lenses can have flare issues when aiming towards a bright light source.

I know Rosewill is Newegg's in house Great Value, but I just don't trust them at all.

Personally, I would say grab a PCI card if you need range, but I would go for the Asus out of those two.

Main issue with anything that comes out the back of my machine is it's already in the far corner of my room, which is the furthest point away from the router I can get to in the house (tried to centralize the router, but my room has a lot of walls between it and my machine). I've needed to have my USB adapter plugged into the front to keep a decent signal.

I'm currently using a Rosewill, which has worked alright for a couple years now. Only recently started having these issues, they're alright adapters. Had multiple others for family/friends too, always seem to work alright. But I know they are budget at best, hence why I was looking to see if something else would suit me better.

Only thing I don't like about the ASUS is the length, but it's not exactly a make or break for me. Just have to be careful with it being in the front. Maybe I should nab a PCI card and have an extended antenna I can set on my desk? I dunno.

The 720 has plenty of CPU power, thanks kman. Not to mention the ease of overclocking it and running it stable. Right now I only have it at 3.2ghz because the way the AC doesn't work in my room, but I did have it at 3.7 constant like in my sig (up from 2.8).

Lately my OS has just been getting super cluttered, and I need more RAM. Not to mention my GPU problems, still not sure if that's heat related or card related, but I'm starting to lean more towards card related...may need to replace it soon. Problems have been happening more frequently, and last night the driver completely failed after freezing everything...restarted the driver, but still had to reboot with all the screen problems I was still having. Meh.

I think it's just time to retire this machine and build a new one...I've been meaning to anyway so this machine can be a dedicated music recording system.

Back
Top Bottom