Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Lol, I'd like to meet the person who can go from knowing nothing about networks to passing a CCNA exam in two weeks

That's actually myself. During my military training last year I had 10 days to go through CCNA1 and 10 days for CCNA2 and I passed. I knew nothing about networking other than just the most basic home router. Fast forward to now I had forgotten mostly everything I learned because of the rushed course and my job in the Army doesn't need me to touch any of the networking equipment. Which sucks. Basically it was a course to get familiar with the equipment so we're not shocked if we come across it. I'm pretty sure I can pick it up again if I were to hit the books and equipment.

And today I actually got a really good nights sleep, almost a full 8 hours for the first time since I could remember. The past year up until today I've been sleeping 3-4 solid hours a day. Yesterday I had been up since the day before yesterday, and I was trying to stay awake the whole time. So instead of napping a few hours in the middle of the day I would be tired enough to sleep at a normal time. In order for me to sleep I would have to be totally exhausted, like literally no more energy in me. Not just because I'm tired or sleepy. So getting that full nights sleep, when I woke up this morning it was a world of a difference. I'm usually a walking zombie but now I'm up and about doing extra stuff I normally don't do.

You're right, we had none of these things before and no other country had to overcome those exact same problems when changing measurement systems either..
*cough*

It doesn't happen overnight; like I said for Australia it took roughly 2 years until full adoption across the country. Same problems as before brah, just easier ways to both change a lot of them now and to inform people about the when/where/how of the situation.
It's not going to be easy, but it's not the impossible picture a lot of Americans like to paint.

I think the U.S. did attempt to start switching over sometime back then but it was abandoned almost immediately.

There is really no need for us to switch tbh, anyone doing scientific or engineering work already uses metric for it and for everyday things like measuring speed or fuel the imperial system works perfectly fine.

It's not going to be easy, but it's not the impossible picture a lot of Americans like to paint.

You are forgetting just how stubborn the American people truly are, mate. It will eventually happen but it will be through kicking and screaming and probably bloodshed before it is finished.

I hope you got some decent front L/R tower speakers and decent size bookshelves at the sides and rear.

Something like some Monitor Audio or Dali, B&W hi-fi speakers. That would be killer!

I have a pair of B&W 683's in the front. They're nice, and really heavy!

Center: Amazon.com: Infinity Primus PC350 3 Way Dual 5.25 Center (Sold Individually): Electronics

I'll get the other models later :p I have to say though, that projector is AMAZING. I'm never buying a TV again. Ever. That Samsung is going on CL.

I have a pair of B&W 683's in the front. They're nice, and really heavy!

Center: Amazon.com: Infinity Primus PC350 3 Way Dual 5.25 Center (Sold Individually): Electronics

I'll get the other models later :p I have to say though, that projector is AMAZING. I'm never buying a TV again. Ever. That Samsung is going on CL.
Yessss!!!!

memWin.png

Re: Today I have...

That's actually myself. During my military training last year I had 10 days to go through CCNA1 and 10 days for CCNA2 and I passed. I knew nothing about networking other than just the most basic home router. Fast forward to now I had forgotten mostly everything I learned because of the rushed course and my job in the Army doesn't need me to touch any of the networking equipment. Which sucks. Basically it was a course to get familiar with the equipment so we're not shocked if we come across it. I'm pretty sure I can pick it up again if I were to hit the books and equipment.

And today I actually got a really good nights sleep, almost a full 8 hours for the first time since I could remember. The past year up until today I've been sleeping 3-4 solid hours a day. Yesterday I had been up since the day before yesterday, and I was trying to stay awake the whole time. So instead of napping a few hours in the middle of the day I would be tired enough to sleep at a normal time. In order for me to sleep I would have to be totally exhausted, like literally no more energy in me. Not just because I'm tired or sleepy. So getting that full nights sleep, when I woke up this morning it was a world of a difference. I'm usually a walking zombie but now I'm up and about doing extra stuff I normally don't do.
Before we had our child and I had an interview I would do this a night before so I could sleep and wake up in a timely manner.

Back
Top Bottom