Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

freakin people that go to ccna boot camps that know nothing about networking... i'm talking people that struggle with a home router.... they go in there just to have that ccna to get a job... they come out in 2 wks able to get a ccna and take that job.... I WANNA THROW A NASTY GOLDEN CORRAL CHICKEN LEG AT THEM.

Everything I'm saying here boils down to one thing and it's been proven time and time again. It isn't what you know, it's who you know. I know squat about wireless telecommunications, yet after getting this BS Associates I'll be working for Verizon Wireless. Fancy that.

Unfortunately that's true for most everywhere. The student job I got right now, I only had to go through the interview process as a formality, as I already had the job pretty much. I knew the IT help desk manager previously, because I had worked for her before for a different job at the college's support desk before they let her go due to budget reasons. I knew she was working for this company now (and a manager again), so I emailed her and asked if she had any openings for me. She knew I was good at what I do, so she talked to her supervisor, and he told her to take me on.

It's been under the .me for a while. .com hasn't worked for a while, IIRC.

Last I checked, .com still routed to .me...it took me a while to get used to it, lol.

IIRC from the article .me is still available for sale, it was .com and .ph that are banned from sale.

I actually checked to see if it was still for sale, and .me was unavailable at that point. Haven't checked since, though.

The article posted about it is now 2 days old though, and .me directed to .ph so technically all of them are illegal to sell. I don't see what the big deal is though, Demonoid wasn't a private tracker or anything. I think the only thing they had going for them was no virus.

+1. The Demonoid takedown wasn't nearly as mandated by the US as, say, the takedown of Megaupload.

I wasn't saying all measurements, just temperature. We still have miles on our road signs for the same reason but we use Celcius (but then we've used Celcius since the 1800s, IIRC).

Ah, I thought you were saying that we should switch ALL units. That would just be too big of a change. I could see temperature happening though, as that wouldn't really cost anything.

The Prime Minister of the Ukraine (or whatever he is) visited the US and came back and took down Demonoid after going after the datacenter that hosts the sites. It was a present to the US basically, meaning if it wasn't for our stupid "war on piracy" it wouldn't have come down. Not only that, but the reason the site domain sale went up and went down is because the admin is being searched for in Mexico. The domain seller took them back down due to legal issues. This isn't the ****ty bay, it is Demonoid. The likelihood of it coming back up now is slim, especially if the only admin is being wanted by the feds. Then you have the domain issue, as the Ukraine wont let them operate there anymore. The site itself MIGHT come back, but being Demonoid, I doubt it.

BUT the US's plan is backfiring on them with the leader dude of Megaupload. I find it ironic.

What's wrong with the bay? Not pretty enough for ya? :p

And yeah, he's got a really good case on his side.

freakin people that go to ccna boot camps that know nothing about networking... i'm talking people that struggle with a home router.... they go in there just to have that ccna to get a job... they come out in 2 wks able to get a ccna and take that job.... I WANNA THROW A NASTY GOLDEN CORRAL CHICKEN LEG AT THEM.

Lol, I'd like to meet the person who can go from knowing nothing about networks to passing a CCNA exam in two weeks

Back
Top Bottom