Potentially the longest thread in history...

yCY1L.jpg

hehe, i was going to post the exact same picture had i been at home ;)

well not exactly the same, i have a different frying pan and ssd.

Re: Today I have...

You should hire me, I would never ***** about 65 or even 50k a year :)

Most people wouldn't. I wouldn't. :p A job is a job, and when you say things like that, expect to be fired.

I'd say sticking with the current OS is the right call anyway (I'm guessing 7?). It would just take unnecessary time and money, and the Metro UI would just take a lot of re-learning for no good reason.

7 Pro on the desktops, and 7 Ultimate on the laptops. Don't really know how that happened. I think it's because we got a good deal on the laptops with Ultimate. The whole re-learning thing is why I said no. I even went around to the offices under my "rule" and talked to employees and the ones who knew what Win8 was said they didn't want it. If they did, then I would have considered it, but no one wants it so why force unnecessary change upon them.

Though I will say that in Australia you couldn't fire someone over that.

Well that's stupid. You should NOT be allowed to tell your co workers/bosses to suck you off. Ridiculous. Immature. *******s.

Some places in the states you can't most you can. Every state has different employment laws.

Wish I lived in PA again... Maybe I would have an enjoyable job then XD lol

I'm pretty sure it's legal here. Either way, I have other stuff on them so they ain't coming back. I don't like to be the bad guy but enough was enough :p

My job is far from enjoyable. So much paperwork and travel...

Re: Today I have...

Most people wouldn't. I wouldn't. :p A job is a job, and when you say things like that, expect to be fired.

7 Pro on the desktops, and 7 Ultimate on the laptops. Don't really know how that happened. I think it's because we got a good deal on the laptops with Ultimate. The whole re-learning thing is why I said no. I even went around to the offices under my "rule" and talked to employees and the ones who knew what Win8 was said they didn't want it. If they did, then I would have considered it, but no one wants it so why force unnecessary change upon them.

Well that's stupid. You should NOT be allowed to tell your co workers/bosses to suck you off. Ridiculous. Immature. *******s.

I'm pretty sure it's legal here. Either way, I have other stuff on them so they ain't coming back. I don't like to be the bad guy but enough was enough :p

My job is far from enjoyable. So much paperwork and travel...
Yup
stickpoke.gif

So, the missus and I are discussing me either getting a pilots license, or getting into racing. I have a single flight hour already (LOL), and could be something to pursue. I just see racing more fun as I've always been a car person. My dads dream was to fly, mine is to race. Probably too late for me though.

So, the missus and I are discussing me either getting a pilots license, or getting into racing. I have a single flight hour already (LOL), and could be something to pursue. I just see racing more fun as I've always been a car person. My dads dream was to fly, mine is to race. Probably too late for me though.

Not really too late to get into racing...

My dad got into officially drag racing just a few years ago.

Drag racing and other styles of racing are 2 different things. Depending on what class he is in, it isn't hard really to drag race long as you have the reflexes for it. I want to track race, and there are literally no "real" tracks in this area. I was always to understand that the age brackets sponsors look for are different for each type. It's kinda like in the music business, if you want to make it in hard rock or metal quickly you have to be good, and under 25. Yet, you can be a start in Country at any age.

Drag racing and other styles of racing are 2 different things. Depending on what class he is in, it isn't hard really to drag race long as you have the reflexes for it. I want to track race, and there are literally no "real" tracks in this area.

Ah, well you never mentioned what style of racing you wanted to do ;).

Can't remember what class he's in exactly, but he's below pro class I believe. He's running an S10 that's so far, low 11's, mid-to-high 10's (depending on the day / conditions). He doesn't want to put NOS in it because then he'll be forced to go up a class lol.

Ah, well you never mentioned what style of racing you wanted to do ;).

Can't remember what class he's in exactly, but he's below pro class I believe. He's running an S10 that's so far, low 11's, mid-to-high 10's (depending on the day / conditions). He doesn't want to put NOS in it because then he'll be forced to go up a class lol.
Ok so he is in what my local track considers stock mod. Street mod and pro mod is basically stripping your whole vehicle, roll cage, drag race style instrument panel, in car fire brigade, and the biggest damn blower you can handle with sometimes NOS. There are so many classes before what I consider "pro" though. I've sat behind the wheel of a rail car, but I'd never race one of those crazy funny cars.

Back
Top Bottom