Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I've tried getting my Origin/Battlefield 3 account back. The account was stolen some time around May, I didn't notice until around June. In June I called EA and they said that the account had been hacked by someone in Russia and that they'd get back to me. About a month later I called them again, they said I will have the account back by July 30th. It's now August 15th and I haven't gotten the account back. I called EA support and talked to someone and they said that the issue had been brought to the "experts" again and that he needed to put me on hold while he talked with them. While I was waiting the call ended for some reason. I'm on hold with another EA support rep right now, hopefully I'll get my account back soon.

Today I had to let go of two of the three "IT" guys in the branch. Short version: They approached me today about upgrading all employee desktops/laptops to Win8. I just sat there. This is the third damn time they've asked me. I've said no every time. I was getting quite irritated. I said "Why? Why do we need to make the switch? Enlighten me." They got cocky after that and eventually told me how I didn't deserve my job because I treat them like ****. Um, no. No, no, no, no, no, HELL NO! They got a 20% raise my second year! I was the one who gave them the raise. Wtf!? They're making 65k a year! Stop ****ing complaining! Lesson of the day: Don't go into your bosses office and tell him to suck you off. You WILL lose your job, and will NOT get a good recommendation. In fact, your boss will call every company hiring in the tri-state area and tell them not to hire your useless ass. I put my ass on the line to get every employee under me a raise, and better benefits. I don't treat my employees like ****; not at all. Don't come into my office and tell me I do. I hope they don't find work. They never did anything as it was. The one that's left that wasn't part of the crusades is a nice guy, he just isn't the brightest. Looks like I need to find some new IT guys.

Today I had to let go of two of the three "IT" guys in the branch. Short version: They approached me today about upgrading all employee desktops/laptops to Win8. I just sat there. This is the third damn time they've asked me. I've said no every time. I was getting quite irritated. I said "Why? Why do we need to make the switch? Enlighten me." They got cocky after that and eventually told me how I didn't deserve my job because I treat them like ****. Um, no. No, no, no, no, no, HELL NO! They got a 20% raise my second year! I was the one who gave them the raise. Wtf!? They're making 65k a year! Stop ****ing complaining! Lesson of the day: Don't go into your bosses office and tell him to suck you off. You WILL lose your job, and will NOT get a good recommendation. In fact, your boss will call every company hiring in the tri-state area and tell them not to hire your useless ass. I put my ass on the line to get every employee under me a raise, and better benefits. I don't treat my employees like ****; not at all. Don't come into my office and tell me I do. I hope they don't find work. They never did anything as it was. The one that's left that wasn't part of the crusades is a nice guy, he just isn't the brightest. Looks like I need to find some new IT guys.
You should hire me, I would never ***** about 65 or even 50k a year :)

I'd say sticking with the current OS is the right call anyway (I'm guessing 7?). It would just take unnecessary time and money, and the Metro UI would just take a lot of re-learning for no good reason.

Though I will say that in Australia you couldn't fire someone over that.

Today I've been trying to get one of our remote servers up and running again and run into every problem imaginable. Corrupt download, different versions of different drivers that won't work together, PLUS the actual WEBSITE of the people who make the drivers is now down. What. The. Arse.

yCY1L.jpg

King Smartass

Some places in the states you can't most you can. Every state has different employment laws.

Wish I lived in PA again... Maybe I would have an enjoyable job then XD lol

When I say fry, I tend to mean that they didn't format it and used them in a manor that they could not tolerate. Not on the frying pan... Though, in the end, the same thing would occur.

well i landed in Spain yesterday with my family (except my sister who is joining us on the 23rd) an now at my villa. Soooooo hot compared to the UK. highs of 36.

Back
Top Bottom