Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

This isn't a very comprehensive list, but there are certainly a lot of times companies have sued Apple.

Smartphone wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't get me wrong i'm not condoning this litigation, it's just lame and I wish they would all stop. Just annoying when everyone is so quick to blame Apple but when Samsung or anyone else takes Apple to court that is absolutely fine and no one moans about it, it's very hypocritical.

And again, who is really in the wrong ? the company that broke the law and infringed patents or the one suing that company for doing so ? the answer is pretty obvious.

It's like when you get a speeding ticket for going 4mph over the limit. Yes it sucks, and yes they are taking the ****, but at the end of the day they are right and you are wrong - you shouldn't of been speeding.

IMO, all these patent lawsuits are mostly BS, because they're (as in both sides) filing vague patents (for the most part), and finding a way that the "infringement" fits into it.

All this patent bull**** is hindering a lot of development, which should be the important thing for companies to be doing. Companies shouldn't be afraid to try something just because another company thinks it is "too similar" to something they did.

I understand where your coming from, if your calling your mom or any close related friends in tx area, just give them a heads up and to know whens its you.
I think 2 phone calls from google id should give them a hint its you, most people tell me they thought it was the irs or collection agency looking for them :lol:

Just do what you can though, I aint coming down on you just wanted you to be aware there are some options that are manageable if you know what your doing. :)
Well I can't really give her a text telling her I'm gonna call :)

If PP expands on that, scroll back up to here and press play, then continue reading! XD
Lol, all I'm saying. It's been done time and time again. Promised crap that never happens. Even in my short period living in this country I have seen the US public get promised crap that we never see, yet still have to pay for.

Can you get into Recovery, or just the Bootloader?

Bootloader is Power + Vol. Down. > Select Recovery, and see if it's a custom recovery isntalled (AmonRa, ClockWork, etc.).

If you can get into Recovery, then just find a ROM for it, and flash it through recovery :). Check XDA or RootzWiki for a ROM.

Don't have it in front of me right now, so I can't read what it has, but I do remember I did the Power/volume/home keys to get into the recovery mode, asks to reset user data and then reset the device, nothing. Not sure of the difference between recovery and bootloader, but I assume what I got into was recovery. Though there was a lot of technical data there.

When I get home I'll look. No idea what I would do with it if I got it working, but it's just kind of a project for me, lol.

Don't have it in front of me right now, so I can't read what it has, but I do remember I did the Power/volume/home keys to get into the recovery mode, asks to reset user data and then reset the device, nothing. Not sure of the difference between recovery and bootloader, but I assume what I got into was recovery. Though there was a lot of technical data there.

When I get home I'll look. No idea what I would do with it if I got it working, but it's just kind of a project for me, lol.

Vol+Down + Power will get you into the Bootloader, and then there's an option to select Recovery from there.

Can make it an MP3 player ;).

I like the new system. Denying people because of pre-existing conditions is a deadly practice. After college for a few years the reason I had no money is because I couldn't get insurance. I had to pay out of pocket for treatments. I finally got a promotion, and along with that I'm in a union now and have good insurance. I have friends and family with the same condition who have declared bankruptcy over healthcare costs. I know that Obamacare and Romneycare aren't the solution. But it's a good start. At least someone did something about it. Social security? I try not to think about that too much...

A few good things exist in the bill, but having forced health care will result in insurance costs going up. Happens every time the government has mandatory requirements for "insurance". I would at least like to see a way to be exempt from the mandated tax on life. Like I said earlier, I refuse medical treatment, so why should I pay into it just so someone here illegally getting through the system by stealing someone elses name/ss# can get some meds for his sniffles?

A few good things exist in the bill, but having forced health care will result in insurance costs going up. Happens every time the government has mandatory requirements for "insurance".

Those mandatory requirements also have insurance companies paying twice as much of their funds on actual health care, so costs wouldn't need to go up. Extra 40% going to spending on health care instead of lining some CEO's pocket? Sounds fantastic to me.

EDIT: Got some pictures of the recovery mode:

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

Clockwork Mod, and it's the CDMA version of the Hero.

Sweet, since it's already running ClockworkMod...
CyanogenMod Downloads

Download the cm-7.2.0-heroc.zip and put it on the root of your SD card. Boot back into recovery, and choose "Wipe data/factory reset" > then "Wipe cache partition" > and then choose "Install Zip from sdcard" > pick "choose zip" > find the cm7.2.0-heroc.zip file in the list and select to install it.

Should be good to go then.

Back
Top Bottom