Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I like the keyboard style much more on the G75 than my G73, I'll say that much. Mouse buttons look better too; G73 can be a bit hard to press sometimes, and it's 1 piece spanning both buttons.

That really sucks... Thing is some apartments will kick you out if you have threatened disconnects from electric companies. They are required to have electric at certain apartment types and they will get in trouble from the state. My landlord kicked another tenant out becuase of that. She openly talked about other tenants with me and me alone. She even asked me how to deal with certain types of people. This was when we lived in TN. The place had 300 some units I think. She had to evict 10 people over that.
Well the thing is this apartment is all bills paid like I said. The electric is paid until you reach the 150 dollar mark and they charge you the overage. We went 81.67 over and got the bill just on tuesday at night I think about 10 minutes before I got home from being gone all weekend. When I walked in the door I was being *****ed at about it saying I needed to pay immediately. I was like sorry I wont have any amount of money until friday then they were ranting about being evicted. If you just got the bill they aren't going to evict you in a day. No apartment will period. My point with that is they waited 2 weeks to hand you the bill, gave it to you in the night, and it really isn't even that much.

I finally carried in the two computers I got from work. One powered up, the other didn't.

The one that powered up went into BIOS. Says it has an Intel 2.8 with hyper-threading, as well as 2GB of RAM (4x512). I am thinking that it is DDR as it was 800, and I figure it is ECC as well.

Both computers had a single hard drive in them, both in powered hard drive coolers. I got them pulled and both as first gen WD Raptors (WD360GD-00NA0). I haven't tested them to see if either works yet.

I finally carried in the two computers I got from work. One powered up, the other didn't.

The one that powered up went into BIOS. Says it has an Intel 2.8 with hyper-threading, as well as 2GB of RAM (4x512). I am thinking that it is DDR as it was 800, and I figure it is ECC as well.

Both computers had a single hard drive in them, both in powered hard drive coolers. I got them pulled and both as first gen WD Raptors (WD360GD-00NA0). I haven't tested them to see if either works yet.
DDR2 is 800, DDR top was 600 but the "top" standard was 400. A 2.8 with HT would be a P4 Presshot with 2GB DDR2 which came standard in a ton of prebuilt PCs back in like 05. In 05/06 every single brand of computer in the entire Venus district came configured like that. 2.8ghz P4 with 2GB DDR2 and a 17" LCD. Lenovo, Gateway, and Dell. Each had a 160GB SATA WD drive and an MX400 AGP card besides the Dell desktops which had an Intel IGP.

I like the keyboard style much more on the G75 than my G73, I'll say that much. Mouse buttons look better too; G73 can be a bit hard to press sometimes, and it's 1 piece spanning both buttons.

So far I'm liking it much more than the G74. Trackpad: Fixed; great multitouch. Will post a review in the laptop section after a few days :thumbsup:

So far I'm liking it much more than the G74. Trackpad: Fixed; great multitouch. Will post a review in the laptop section after a few days :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it, I like what I see so far.

Today has been pretty awesome so far; got some fog/mist this morning (not a common occurrence), skies were completely clear for the first time in a couple weeks I'd say, and all my buses/trains were perfectly on time so I was pretty much stepping out of one and into the next :D simple things

Back
Top Bottom