Potentially the longest thread in history...

Where do you live? Like, I live in Iowa, and it was really hot yesterday and the day before, and the school has no air conditioning in the rooms. And we had football practice in the heat as well, and then a game on Friday when it was still hot. During warmups my sweat was dripping like if someone sprayed me in the face with water. 96 high on Thursday, 92 high on Friday.
96 is nothing lol.

I live in the wv. and it's 97 out OMG....

and this is prolly the highest it's been ever here....

my head hurts from it the AC is barely keeping up.

Window units typically don't work well when it is over 96F. I have both of mine in man made shade to keep the sun off of them to let them work better in 100+ degree weather.

I live in the wv. and it's 97 out OMG....

and this is prolly the highest it's been ever here....

my head hurts from it the AC is barely keeping up.

Window units typically don't work well when it is over 96F. I have both of mine in man made shade to keep the sun off of them to let them work better in 100+ degree weather.

No offence but what kind of crap AC do they sell you over there ?

When i last went on holiday to south of spain in Marbella we were in a large apartment, it was 90 to 100f every day outside, yet the Air Con had no problem getting down the room to it's lowest setting of 14. In fact when we got there it was actually cold, and it needed turning off. There was one wall unit one end of the apartment and another at the other end of the apartment and it wasn't a problem :confused: hmm..

Or are the window units all crappy ? Because i know they are cheaper.

There are all kinds of different sized units. 5000btu typically being the smallest units and don't really work well in temps higher than 96F because it has a hard time dissipating that heat. It does fairly ok when you keep direct sunlight off of it though. Hotel rooms usually have 15,000+ btu units keeping the rooms cold. Also if the temp in the rest of the house is a lot warmer that warm air keeps the room with the window unit slightly warmer too. My 5000 keeps my PC room cold with the therm at 4 (out of 9) and the fan setting on low. I also have central AC cooling the rest of the house though.

No offence but what kind of crap AC do they sell you over there ?

When i last went on holiday to south of spain in Marbella we were in a large apartment, it was 90 to 100f every day outside, yet the Air Con had no problem getting down the room to it's lowest setting of 14. In fact when we got there it was actually cold, and it needed turning off. There was one wall unit one end of the apartment and another at the other end of the apartment and it wasn't a problem :confused: hmm..

Or are the window units all crappy ? Because i know they are cheaper.

Window units work for a single room, but they are limited as they are trying to cool hot air. I've had some that worked good no matter how hot it got, but I have also had some that flat out sucked.

The AC I have is a central unit. I bought it new when we bought the house. It works well enough, but the house is not overly energy efficient... dark tin roof, sliding glass doors on one side of the living room and a bay window on the other, cathedral ceilings. When it hits 100F outside it can get up to 80 inside the house, and that's with the thermostat set to 70F.

Window units work for a single room, but they are limited as they are trying to cool hot air. I've had some that worked good no matter how hot it got, but I have also had some that flat out sucked.

The AC I have is a central unit. I bought it new when we bought the house. It works well enough, but the house is not overly energy efficient... dark tin roof, sliding glass doors on one side of the living room and a bay window on the other, cathedral ceilings. When it hits 100F outside it can get up to 80 inside the house, and that's with the thermostat set to 70F.
Same problem for over 2 months now. I finally decided to just set it to 82f until the temps start dropping. AC been off almost all day now lol.

That's interesting seeing as my house is always 25c anyway. It dips to 21 late at night, but apart from that it's very consistent unless it's a very hot day.
80f surely isn't much more than 25c ? this feels really comfortable heat to me, and believe me, i absolutely *hate* hot temperatures.

Anyway i'm really ****ed off at the national lottery, i was just about to go to bed when i got an email:

Dear Max,

We have some news about the ticket that you bought for the Friday 02 September draw. Please click http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/account/wallet/landing.do?link=email and enter your username and password to view the details online now.

Kind Regards
National Lottery Customer Care Team
www.national-lottery.co.uk

Now what is that supposed to mean, i am being arrested for hacking the website and giving myself a false ticket ? Or have i won half a million pounds ? (It was a rollover, so no jackpot for me) I already checked and hadn't won anything. But what if there system hadn't updated when i checked, what if the lotto draw was thought to be dodgy and they re did it and i actually have won ?

I would know the answer to all these questions if the **** ****ing website would let me log on. But NO, it doesn't let you log on at these early hours of the morning. So now i've got to try and sleep with the thought that something awesome to do with my ticket has occurred, or not.

That's interesting seeing as my house is always 25c anyway. It dips to 21 late at night, but apart from that it's very consistent unless it's a very hot day.
80f surely isn't much more than 25c ? this feels really comfortable heat to me, and believe me, i absolutely *hate* hot temperatures.
26c is 80F, and that is to hot for me. I just deal with it since I don't have the cash or the insulation to keep my house at 68F (20C) like I would like it.

96 is nothing lol.
While playing football?

And it wasn't really the heat bothering me, it was the massive amount of sweat dripping off my face. :p

Also, I have good news and bad news.

Good news: My computer is powerful enough to run Black Ops.
Bad news: It's not powerful enough to play a match. :p

Back
Top Bottom