Potentially the longest thread in history...

I can no longer cope with my internet speed. It's so slow it is negatively impacting my life (More time downloading, less time gaming :p).

For example, the Red Orchestra 2 BETA was released on the 30th of August. It's 4gb, so that took me over 4 hours to download. But on the RO2 Beta forum there was a thread called "How quick will you download the beta ?" and there were so many people from eastern europe posting there Speedtest.net results, i couldn't believe how many of them had ridiculous speeds. There were quite a lot with 100d/100u, 100d/50u, 100d/20u connections. A load more with 50mb etc. And there was me, and about 2 other people, packing a whole 2.5mb. The most annoying part was they were moaning that it was taking them 15 minutes to download when it should of taken 12 minute :(

I can no longer cope with my internet speed. It's so slow it is negatively impacting my life (More time downloading, less time gaming :p).

For example, the Red Orchestra 2 BETA was released on the 30th of August. It's 4gb, so that took me over 4 hours to download. But on the RO2 Beta forum there was a thread called "How quick will you download the beta ?" and there were so many people from eastern europe posting there Speedtest.net results, i couldn't believe how many of them had ridiculous speeds. There were quite a lot with 100d/100u, 100d/50u, 100d/20u connections. A load more with 50mb etc. And there was me, and about 2 other people, packing a whole 2.5mb. The most annoying part was they were moaning that it was taking them 15 minutes to download when it should of taken 12 minute :(
/whitewhine :p

at least you're not roasting here like I am.... it was 96F today for some odd freakin reason. arrrg.

I guess. I hate the heat. <70F will do me fine, thanks.

I do have something i am annoyed about though. My friend had got a job about 100 miles away as a trainee chef with paid accomodation, which is great and i'm happy for him. But as he's leaving on Sunday he invited me and the rest of his/my friends for a meal.

What we only just found out was, it will be Me and 3 of my good friends, and then about 10 members of his family.. oh great. Slightly awkward. And it gets better! he then told us he has booked the meal, but we are going to have to pay for ourselves. The meal is all you can eat at £18 per person, excluding drinks. So basically it is going to set me back £25 for the night, excluding getting into the city center and back. All at a time where i am already overdrawn in my bank and want any cash i get to pay back into the back before they start charging me £££..

But what am i supposed to say, it's the last time i'm going to see him for months. I cant just not turn up. I'm just ****ed that he asked if we were going, and then told us all the fine details about how we all have to pay for ourselves and sit at the table with his extended family for 2 hours, who i have never met in my life.

at least you're not roasting here like I am.... it was 96F today for some odd freakin reason. arrrg.
We now pay 75 a month for 2.5-3Mb down on good days and have had well over 2 months now worth of 100+ heat. More QQ guys.

Back
Top Bottom