Potentially the longest thread in history...

I (try) playing full barre chords with just my index finger.

With the power chords in Breaking the Law, I use my index, ring, and pinkey. >_>

I'm talking about the full barre chord that I'm having trouble with. I have no trouble with power chords.

Things like this:
barringphoto.jpg

EDIT: I think it has caused some of the skin on my finger to go partially raw...

EDIT #2: I think I finally did it correctly...

now to see if I can do the same tomorrow.

Re: Today I have...

irritated and can't sleep.... got 2 hours and I'm constantly dehydrated. I'm drinkin water constantly and putting lotion on my hands, and nothing works. the house is dry as a bone and even staticy but it's gonna be hot as well. when you shock a doorknob when it's 90 degrees in your house and outside then soemthing's up. and it hurt for some reason shocks never hurt me like that specially doorknob ones. I think my nerves are shot and there's more.... having more female problems.... the heat is bothering me, my gramma is in bad shape at the hospital, my sister is stressed, one neighbor is annoying as ****, and I lost my birth certificate, barf.... I want my winter back.

I know what you mean by bar chords, but what you described for the Priest song those are considered bar chords too. Power chords are simply 2 fingers, pointer and ring (or pinky for some player who find it more comfortable).

For example. This is a traditional power chord.
2011-05-30092108.jpg

This is a bar chord without the high strings (can be played either way)
2011-05-30092130.jpg

This would be a minor'd bar.
2011-05-30092223.jpg

Re: Today I have...

Do you have a window above your kitchen sink? Fill the sink up with water and it will help. You can also dampen a towel and lay it over a chair that has a open back (like a folding metal chair) and then place a house fan behind it to blow air through the towel.

Back
Top Bottom