Please recommend sound system for my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discusman

In Runtime
Hi All,

I have a Klipsch 5.1 series home theatre system for my PC. The system is about 5 yrs old. The system started making humming song while the system is OFF. I couldn't figure out what caused it.

So, I am thinking about getting a new system, something that has a pair of speakers with a sub-woofer.

Can anyone recommend any? I see the Bose system looks very nice, but the one I was looking at is abit of expensive ($399) for a pair of speakers with a sub-woofer.

Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag

I am not sure this system would work with a PC.

I'm looking for something has a good sound since I listen to the music alot on my pc as well as I play video game with it too.

I appreicate any comments/suggestion

"No highs, no lows, must be a Bose."

Don't get Bose, for 400 clams you can get a much better setup. At least get a logitech setup. I'm not a guru on computer sound setups, but logitech is generally good for nice sound at a nice price, and after working retail in TV/Audio, I know to never buy Bose.

"No highs, no lows, must be a Bose."

Don't get Bose, for 400 clams you can get a much better setup. At least get a logitech setup. I'm not a guru on computer sound setups, but logitech is generally good for nice sound at a nice price, and after working retail in TV/Audio, I know to never buy Bose.

Have you had a bad experience with Bose product? I have a home version of sound system (Bose 5 series) which I have been using it for over 10 yrs. No problem with it.

I open to other brands since Bose is abit of expensive specially we are in a financial crisis, and my buget is very limited. But at the same time, I do not want to sacrifice the quality/reliablitlity of the system for a cheap price tag.

Bose have heavily altered sound and not realistic at all. Very bad sound.

That humming is likely to be A/C hum @ 60hz/50hz. Nearly all speakers have it if you put your ear next to the speaker, they tend to get louder over time and some speakers and audio setups let more of this AC hum through than others.

How much are you willing to spend ?

All logitech subwoofers are pretty crap and boomy and sound underpowered. They produce alot of noise and boom, but theres not the power in the subwoofer amps to keep it articulate and clean bass at highish volumes.

But, a lot of people like this. The normal midrange/highfreq drivers are good as PC speakers go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom