playonlinux or wine

ohara

Baseband Member
Hey guys and girls.

I am interested in doing a little casual gaming through ubuntu and wondering how to go about it before spending money if it's not going to work. I have been reading up on wine and play on linux
To run world of warcraft and not sure the best way to go about it. I am told I can download the game and run it through an iso mount or buy it from a local store.

And help is appreciated.
Again it will be a way to pass the time not serious gaming as that is done through the xbox one ;)

Ok so I decided to first install warcraft 3 with frozen throne to see how I went as I already had it.

I got it all installed and using wine.
Ran into trouble when booting.
It comes up but is off to the right and way to big for the screen and I can't click anything as I cannot see it. I can also see me dash board off to the left but cant move my mouse over to it... any help please.

Is your system resolution set correctly to your monitor's native resolution? Did you set the in-game resolution and aspect ratio correctly via the game's settings?

How do j set the in game resolution???
I can't see anything to change anything. Like I said all I see is the top of the home screen flag

Is there a config file you can manually edit in the game's file directory? Can you run it in Windowed mode through a setting in Wine?

Ok so here is 2 photos.
The first when game is mounted.
See how the icons on the left are also larger and they get bunched up at the bottom.

ForumRunner_20140913_064234.jpg

The second of just the home screen. Everything is much smaller

ForumRunner_20140913_064252.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Looks like it's changing your resolution. So you need to find a way to run it in Windowed mode, or a way to edit the resolution for the game.

Ok so I figured it out. I had to go into wine and change the graphics setting. Turn on virtual display and set the res.
Thanks heaps guys

Back
Top Bottom