Performance Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt that hard to upgrade RAM in a laptop. Almost all laptops for the past 2-3 years have a flap on the bottom that un-screws to reveal the RAM and allow simple upgrading. It is very uncommon now to have to dis-assemble a laptop to upgrade the RAM on newer laptops.

They have a User Guide right on their site on how to replace a memory module.

Click the link and once there the first User Guide, 5 headings down, is what you need. It gives pictures and everything. It isnt that hard. Just remove the RAM cover plate, remove the old RAM, put in the new RAM, replace cover.

Your my hero. I used your revo uninstaller to deactivate what yamikotai said :p lol, i then used it to blow out some worthless files on my pc, you guys are the best. I will prolly hit up wally-world (wal-mart) and see what i can find. You bet that i will be suping this thing up. Is there such thing as a graphics card upgrade for these AND if so, how do i replace that, i'd love to eventually work this thing up to maybe Blu-Ray or simply have faster game-play and such. Once again thanks alot.

Most laptops, unless otherwise stated, dont allow for graphics updates. The chips are soldered onto the mother boards. that you should be able to find out in the user manual. check the site i linked to for a user guide or something else. they have them there.

As for the RAM, dont get it from Wally. I would buy from NewEgg or a online realitor long before going to wally. Store is great for some things, PC Hardware is not one of them.

How say Radio Shack (now called "The Shack" lol), or maybe this small little computer repair shop down the road from the local wally-world? As for graphics, its no big deal, i don't need that stuff, like i said before i got this computer mainly for school and music, not gaming or HD movies. I have a blu-ray playerand what not so its not a necessity. Speed is my major concern right now lol.

The Shack is alright. But still not a preferred choice. Could check the local shop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom