PC Build / Upgrading help

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ actually, i wouldn't agree with that.

he can use the cpu he has right now, it'll still work, but i wouldn't suggest spending money just to get another old pentium just because that's money that he could be taking and saving to put towards newer parts.

a gfx card and psu upgrade would make more sense because they could just be moved towards a new build.

he can use the cpu he has right now, it'll still work, but i wouldn't suggest spending money just to get another old pentium just because that's money that he could be taking and saving to put towards newer parts.

a gfx card and psu upgrade would make more sense because they could just be moved towards a new build.

Well the delema is, im a First person shooter kinda guy for pc, when i play modern warfare 2 for pc and go to record with either wegame, xfire, fraps. my frames drop from 90 to 17, when my cpu moniter is running and i open a game it takes up both the cores. and apperently Battlefeild Bad company 2 is CPU heavy for pc.
And when i play battlefield it takes over 2 mins to load the map, 30 frames when looking away from the action going on in the middle of the map and 10-15 frames when trying to kill someone or in the middle of the map. The maps in BF BC2 are really huge thats why people say the game is more cpu heavy then gpu/gfx.

The MB in this is what came stock
Manufacturer Dell
Model 0WG855
Chipset Intel p965/g965

Bios are all up to date.

When i went to best buy, they said the ATI Radeon 4650 HD should be fine when playing battlefeild bad company 2 but as for the cpu it should be replaced.

Im also running windows 7, with the performance/information tools it also tells me the cpu is the lowest rating

screenshot of the performance tool below.
http://i50.tinypic.com/vcqr6p.png

As many have said Battlefield bad company 2 is more cpu heavy then gpu/gfx heavy because of the size of the maps vs the small maps of cod mw2. for me itll take 2 mins to load into a Battlefield bad company 2 map with the lowest setting, max frames of 20 or even loess. alot of my gaming friends it takes way less time to load the map and they get 100+ frames. One of my friends has the same card as me but a quad core AMD one of the black editions. Best buy, gaming friends, all tell me the gfx card is fine but the stock MB and CPU is what needs replaced.

hm. when i searched the model you listed, dell specs show that you should have a c2d e6xxx cpu.

well i still stand by my original suggestion of upgrading the gfx card instead.

No i dont have that one, for some reason the one i have doesnt have some of the parts listed. some models of the dell xps 410 had ati card, and better processors.

Oh and for future reference of any up comming posts about my current pc's specs. Heres my complete CPU-Z listing. note for ram 1-2 slots have the same values and 3-4 have the same values. i only shown slots 1 and 3.

CPU-Z listed info
http://i46.tinypic.com/kds4f4.jpg

sory for the numerous replys on this, im just trying to make sure that when i do this i do it right. And as far as the clocks on the gfx card 300 core 300 memory, i have ati overdrive to set the clocks to 680 core 500 memory when accessing/playing 3d applications.

Oh and for future reference of any up comming posts about my current pc's specs. Heres my complete CPU-Z listing. note for ram 1-2 slots have the same values and 3-4 have the same values. i only shown slots 1 and 3.

CPU-Z listed info
http://i46.tinypic.com/kds4f4.jpg

sory for the numerous replys on this, im just trying to make sure that when i do this i do it right. And as far as the clocks on the gfx card 300 core 300 memory, i have ati overdrive to set the clocks to 680 core 500 memory when accessing/playing 3d applications.

With that processor and that video card, you're aware that gameplay isn't the greatest. I have an Athlon 5200+ dual core, and a 4870. Both more powerful than yours. I can't game on BFBC2 very well. I have to play it on low settings (even with a more powerful GPU), to get decent framerates. I too enjoy FPS games, and with newer games coming out, a quad core is an almost necessary upgrade, unless you get a very powerful dual core (about the same price). I suggest the motherboard and CPU you picked out. It'll make gameplay so much better. As for the GPU, you'll still most likely have to game at lower settings, but you can upgrade that at a later date, if you don't have the budget for one now.

I agree with Muffin. Buying that other crap is just tying you down to an underpowered PC that is never going to give you what you want. Buy a Good video card and a Good power supply that you can use with new hardware after you save up some more cash.

When i went to best buy, they said the ATI Radeon 4650 HD should be fine when playing battlefeild bad company 2 but as for the cpu it should be replaced.

Best Buy just wants your money. We just want you to spend your money wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom