PC alarm clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I couldn't find a forum for something like this, so I figured this would do especially since I'm kinda desperate for an answer today and this forum is decently populated.

I need some reliable pc alarmclock software. I bought an "extra loud" alarm clock for college, and it isn't good enough. I sleep through it for like an hour, and today it didn't even go off at all. I found some random pc alarm clock software online and it worked the first few days, but today the 6:40 alarm decided to go off at 2:30. I shut it off and then didn't fall asleep till 4. My backup alarm, the 7:00 alarm, didn't go off at all. I totally missed a half hour of my 7:30 lab. It keeps nagging me to order online and I just hit the try button, so I guess after a few days it just likes to **** with you for not buying it.

So can anyone tell me of something reliable that is free? I would prefer one that would let me play an mp3. I want some death metal to hit me real loud. Also, I'm on vista x64, and my computer locks itself after awhile. The software I have now seemed to be ok with that at first and woke me up anyway. Maybe it prevented the comp from locking because all the lights and fans were on the whole night. Or this may be due to the fact that I found the power scheme thing and set it to high performance instead of recommended and it no longer does this.

Anyway, help much appreciated!!!!!!!!!

If you're using Vista or Win 7 there is a sidebar gadget that does this great and plays an MP3 file when set to.

I wake up to playing a full CD/mp3 of Heavy Rock.. when I use just 1 song I sleep through it sometimes.
So I usea full CD mp3 to wake my Azz up. ;)

I wake up to playing a full CD/mp3 of Heavy Rock.. when I use just 1 song I sleep through it sometimes.
So I usea full CD mp3 to wake my Azz up. ;)

Just don't use bands like suicidal tendencies. I did that once and felt like garbage for the rest of the day.

And we have people like Uzi9mm who will wake up to things like RickRoll.

Yeah but then you have to leave your pc on 24/7 right? Hmmm...I think I need to investigate this.

When I was still torrenting at home, that was not a problem for me.
However I think some bios have an AutoWake up function

Like in theory, I set this in my Power Management under my bios, then my computer should turn on at 7am every morning. I will let you know if this works.

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 114
^ Yeah, my old mobo had a similar function. The thing is not every bios supports that. And for some people (e.g. me) who are on a crap salary, leaving my rig on all night would be crazy.

I just use my phone as an alarm, set it then stuff it into your pillowcase. dada!

For some reason, it did not work.

Beside, I just used my iPhone as an alarm.

For some reason, it did not work.

Beside, I just used my iPhone as an alarm.

It worked this morning for some reason. My computer just turned itself on at 7am. I had a nice little reminder that my fan controller should be coming in the mail some time this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom