Outlook/Outlook Express fail to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I can't tget my email using either Outlook or Outlook Express. Both have all the correct info in the "accounts" tab, but I get an "unable to connect to server" error. I can ping both the POP and SMTP servers with no problem. Firewall is set to allow both programs access. I can get my mail via the web, but I really don't like it because I like the calendar and other features of Outlook. Also I would have to populate my address book in the web mail. Any suggestions? I have already spent a very long time on the phone and in live chat with the geniuses on their help desk who tell me it is a Microsoft problem. I have all patches for both Outlook and OE. My copy of XP is legit so is my copy of Office.

Im sure there is an authorize or security option, try that.

Last night, couldn't connect. This morning, worked fine. My ISP says it's a problem on my PC and if nothing changed from 11:30 last night till 7:30 this morning, how is it my PC?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

Not yet. I really don't want to reinstall Outlook. I may just try to reinstall OE and drop Outlook completely even though it has features I like. I just don't understand why it will not work for a few days then work once then not work for several days.

Can you access the email accounts from another computer? It may not be on your end at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom