One Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just downloaded that floppy one but i cant find it to put it on a floppy disk and save then open it.

Floppy 1 is more complicated -- a simple copy is not enough. You have to
write the raw image (disk1.img) to the floppy.

In DOS, you use rawrite.exe or fdimage.exe to write raw images.
The BL3 zip file includes fdimage.exe. Here is the command:
---------------------
fdimage disk1.img a:
---------------------

WARNING: The floppy used for disk 1 must be perfect (no bad sectors).
The routines for writing raw images are not error-tolerant.

ok how do i write this on the floppy. for disk one i got disk 2 done but i dont know how to do write raw image and stuff.

use rawrite, I believe it comes with it

as in rawrite disk1.img a:

or fdimage disk1.img a:

if your using a mac I have no clue how tot do this, warned you about that baout 10-15 posts ago

no im on my windows but i dont understand what to do i dont know what that is i dont know the command and stuff.

open a command window, used to be called a dos window, dont know what they call it now, make sure those files are in the same directory or change into that directory while in the command window and type that command in

ok i have writtne in it but it comes with this crap saying

is not recognizeed as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.

and also i read more on the little thing it came with and when im done it says to reboot and put in the floppys and stuff but i sound like to me that i cant do the postaable version pocket os like you said early like if i wanted to take if with me and load it on my schools computer and when im done working on linux at school take the floppy out and no haarm done it doesnt look like that to me know

dont know why windows is telling you that, it should work, unless rawrite doesnt work with windows XP, dont know for sure, I dont use windows

basiclinux is like any other "live" linux system, it runs in RAM, it IS NOT A PERMANENT system unless you install it to a hard drive, remove the floppy and turn the power off and its gone *poof* just like that

somehow I still think im missing what your getting at here, your starting to confuse me a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom