Official Windows 10 Thread

It's only a Tech Preview currently, so "mixed reviews" is highly subjective. There's going to be bugs/missing features/etc.

Sweet, P2P Windows Updates:

p2p.jpg

Microsoft using open source logic? <sarcasm>nooooo they come up with all of the ideas they use to make billions... </sarcasm>

I asked cortana what she thought of siri and she said that they have one thing in common - bing

(unless your like me and you changed your default search engine to google and duckduckgo)

I can see the P2P thing being useful if you have download caps, or for small businesses so they'd essentially have a small, "stripped down" WSUS server.

I have a bit of a concern after reading an article this morning. It basically stated that windows 10 could make installing an alternate os such as linux impossible

Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality | Ars Technica

Another thing that I am curious about is when I looked up the system requirements for windows 10 it states that it will require a UEFI bios 2.3.1 with secure boot. does this mean that computers that use legacy bios will not be able to run the final version of windows 10? I ask this because I currently run windows 10 on a 2008 HP laptop that doesn't use UEFI and it works fine most of the time. I also plan on upgrading my main rig to windows 10 and it doesn't have UEFI bios either.

Microsoft outlines system requirements for Windows 10 - Liliputing

Back
Top Bottom