Oculus Rift

Just gonna drop this here...

WLR0MrA.jpg

The problem is when the DK2 was released they were on the record for saying the consumer version would be around $350 but a little more so in the $350 ballpark

$599 is almost double the "ballpark". And people not in the US are getting royally ****ed.

Also, $50 shipping? Come on can't even give people free shipping
The controller and adapter are 70 bucks right off the bat that simply is not necessary.

The controller and adapter are 70 bucks right off the bat that simply is not necessary.

No, both were close to free for Oculus in return for making it compatible with Xbox One. They pay < $10 for the controller.

kman is drinking the kool-aid by the gallon :tongue:

Not really. Just stating the facts.

It's alread been confirmed the Rift is sold at slightly under cost price. They are losing money on every rift sold.

I don't understand why people think $1000+ for a TV is fine. $600 for a phone is fine. $1000 for a P&S camera is fine (Yes i'm pointing out your RX 100 IV). But $600 for all of that kit I listed is apparently expensive. Uhm, no.

Yes, feel free to be annoyed at Oculus not sticking to their price. Thats fine, and makes sense. But to say it's bad value full stop is just not true.

edit:

TotalBiscuit is on point. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so5a27

Last edited:
I'm holding out hope for the HTC Vive

And I'm curious about the PS VR

Oh so Steam VR and Vive are the same thing... well thats bullsh!t. Valve is marketing the Vive as "Steam VR".. kinda misleading

Yeah Steam VR is a platform not a specific product. There will be lots of things using Steam VR

No, both were close to free for Oculus in return for making it compatible with Xbox One. They pay < $10 for the controller.

Not really. Just stating the facts.

It's alread been confirmed the Rift is sold at slightly under cost price. They are losing money on every rift sold.

I don't understand why people think $1000+ for a TV is fine. $600 for a phone is fine. $1000 for a P&S camera is fine (Yes i'm pointing out your RX 100 IV). But $600 for all of that kit I listed is apparently expensive. Uhm, no.

Yes, feel free to be annoyed at Oculus not sticking to their price. Thats fine, and makes sense. But to say it's bad value full stop is just not true.

edit:

TotalBiscuit is on point. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so5a27
You can't really compare a television and phone to a vr headset though. Those other two things are practically a necessity in modern society. People feel like they have to have them

Back
Top Bottom