Oblivion disk won't spin, can't install

You have installed the game with Pinnacle turned off right? With all the things you are saying it screams the game isn't fully installed or needs to be reinstalled.

i tried to install it without pinnacle and I couldn't get the disk to spin and neither could i in pinnacle. I don't know if it is installed or not but as I said before, I can't get the disk to spin so that I can run oblivion and install or uninstall it. usually there is a program in my computer/my programs called Bethesda or oblivion and it's not there so I have no way to uninstall or install the game, or so it seems.

Last edited:
Are you able to test the disc in a different computer
This will let you know if it is an issue with the disc
as the issue may be with your drive, even though other disc will spin, it could be indicating a problem with the drive.

Are you able to test the disc in a different computer
This will let you know if it is an issue with the disc
as the issue may be with your drive, even though other disc will spin, it could be indicating a problem with the drive.

I'm thinking most likely its the drive in staid of the disk since the disk is clean or looks to be in pretty good condition. I may be able to use another computer but I might not be able to use it until tommow or later and I don't want to have to wait so lets work with what we can now.

Testing the disc in another computer accomplishes two things at once. If it works then we know it's your drive and the disc works. Three things if you make an ISO and use that instead.

Testing the disc in another computer accomplishes two things at once. If it works then we know it's your drive and the disc works. Three things if you make an ISO and use that instead.

alright, did that, it installed fine on the other computer. now what do I do? and what is a ISO? and how do i make it? is it necessary to make one?

If that worked then your drive is most likely going bad.
An ISO is a disc image stored on the HDD. You use a program like Daemon Tools Lite to mount this disc image to a virtual drive which emulates you having the disc inserted into a physical drive.

If you have a flash drive, or are network connected to the other machine that will read the disc you have 3 options.
Share the CD/DVD drive from the other machine over the network and install that way.
Take the good drive out and temporarily put it in your machine to install the game.
Make an ISO using Imgburn on the other machine and mount it using Daemon Tools Lite on your machine after copying it to your HDD.

An ISO is a disc image stored on the HDD. You use a program like Daemon Tools Lite to mount this disc image to a virtual drive which emulates you having the disc inserted into a physical drive.

If you have a flash drive, or are network connected to the other machine that will read the disc you have 3 options.
Share the CD/DVD drive from the other machine over the network and install that way.
Take the good drive out and temporarily put it in your machine to install the game.
Make an ISO using Imgburn on the other machine and mount it using Daemon Tools Lite on your machine after copying it to your HDD.

I don't have a flash drive or a network connected to the other machine as I went to someone elses house to use there computer

now what do I do?

But even if he converts it to an ISO image, the game will install, but won't it not run? Won't the game demand that the CD be inserted?

Back
Top Bottom