Oblivion disk won't spin, can't install

cro84

Solid State Member
I don't know if I am in the right sub-forum but oh well

I haven't played my oblivion game for the pc in a while and I am trying to launch it with pinnacle game profiler so that I can configure my saitech game controller with pc oblivion controls.

I wasn't even able to uninstall or install the game. when I would put the disk in my dvd drive the disk would just not start spinning so apparently I have no way to instal the game.

I think It spinned once(might be wrong) when I tried to launch it in pinnacle and when I did that a error poped up saying something to the effect of to relocate a executable file(don't remember the exact words).

I am able to get other cds to spin and start up but not the oblivion disk. how or what do I need to do to fix this?

Is the CD shown in "My Computer"?
Is the disc scratched, gouged, maimed, in pieces? You can try cleaning it some toothpaste and a banana (i'm serious... How To Remove DVD Scratches With a Banana Home Hacks | Apartment Therapy)

Edit:
cro84 said:
think It spinned once(might be wrong) when I tried to launch it in pinnacle and when I did that a error poped up saying something to the effect of to relocate a executable file(don't remember the exact words).
Tell us the exact words.

Is the CD shown in "My Computer"?
Is the disc scratched, gouged, maimed, in pieces? You can try cleaning it some toothpaste and a banana (i'm serious... How To Remove DVD Scratches With a Banana Home Hacks | Apartment Therapy)

Edit: Tell us the exact words.

the cd icon is not shown when I go in "my computer"

My disk is clean, there really isn't any scratches, it looks almost brand new but it was a bit dusty when I took it out of my cd case so I cleaned the dust of a little bit(just blew on it and cleaned it gently with my shirt however I don't think that it's not working just becuase my disk was a little dusty prior to cleaning it.

as for the exact words, I told you already that I don't remember what was said however I am certain the words(don't remember the word order) "executable" "relocate" "file" were in the error pop up.

cro84 said:
the cd icon is not shown when I go in "my computer"
And when you pop in a different cd it does?
cro84 said:
as for the exact words, I told you already that I don't remember what was said however I am certain the words(don't remember the word order) "executable" "relocate" "file" were in the error pop up.
You're most likely clicking a shortcut to the game, and it's just saying that it can't the .exe file to launch it. Which usually means you've tried to uninstall it, but it didn't get rid of everything.

now for some reason when I click play in game pinnacle profiler there is no error but the game will load to a screen showing my xbox360 controller for pc and the controls for oblivion in staid of a error message and then the screen closes after 15 seconds. instaid of a oblivion symble in the oblivion launcher for pinnacle there is a exclamation mark there in staid witch has been there for a while. I can't get oblivion to start and I can't get the cd to spin from within pinnacle either.

(sorry but I can't seem to upload a picture. when I upload it to photo bucket so that I can link the image here, It says that it doesn't support the image type regarding the old error pic I have)

when I put in another disk, the dvd rom drive starts to spin the disk but then I have to go into the game file(it's civ4) after I click start in order to get the game to run.

You have installed the game with Pinnacle turned off right? With all the things you are saying it screams the game isn't fully installed or needs to be reinstalled.

I can tell you what the error says but I don't know if it is relevant anymore

Back
Top Bottom