NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

I want to see someone make a MM Duality build with 8 of the 480s for folding on water.

I want to see someone make a MM Duality build with 8 of the 480s for folding on water.

or this:
IMG_0430.JPG

lol

Is that a total of 7 gpu cores? That has to get insanely hot lol.

Folders are going to use these I think. Did you see that link I posted? Already has Fermi support, but still not 5xxx support? What's with that?

Don't forget ATI has changed their cards more times than FaH has changed their client.

And there really isn't fermi support, the client doesn't run any differently between the g92 and gf100 architecture.

Oh, I didn't know that. Would still think they would have updated it to benefit the new ATI cards though, if they really cared about how much work they are receiving. I'm not saying they don't, it's just that it's been longer than I would have liked.

Don't forget ATI has changed their cards more times than FaH has changed their client.

ATI has been releasing new architectures on a roughly yearly basis for a very long time now and will likely continue to do so for the foreseeable future. If they can manage to do that it seems like F@H could at least manage to release a decent OpenCL client in 6 months time. It's unreasonable to expect ATi to stop innovating so folding clients have time to catch up.

ATI has been releasing new architectures on a roughly yearly basis for a very long time now and will likely continue to do so for the foreseeable future. If they can manage to do that it seems like F@H could at least manage to release a decent OpenCL client in 6 months time. It's unreasonable to expect ATi to stop innovating so folding clients have time to catch up.

Theres an issue with how the OpenCL went, and it was just finished in January ish... There is a new core, the GPU3, gpu1 was ati only, gpu2 added nvidia, that will run the new OpenCL Stuff.

Dont forget, FaH is 100% "volunteer" and school related via Stanford Unv. so the programming isn't their strong point. I think i read that they are getting better programmers, aka paid, to do up the new clients. Its kindA like how the new smp is way better than the old stuff. Also science needs to be proven, so changing cores like underwear isn't a good idea for reproducibility of results.

When the new gpu client does come out, still no release date, you'll see the better OpenCL stuff.

ATI cards just aren't suited for the simple wu that are currently out. You should notice that when large wus come out, nvidia gets kick in the baby maker, while ati just happily keeps its ppd run.

Hmmm... WOT flagged AnandTech as an attack page.

Anyway, here's the Folding benchmark:
22218.png

You definitely need to Fold with them, Slay.

Wasnt i yelled at for suggesting to wait for these cards for the community folding rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom