NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Something tells me at 95C load (and this is without a speck of dust) these cards are going to go the way of quality Dells.

burntdell600mok2.jpg

By that standard all video cards are 'inefficient'. Efficient GPUs should experience little or no power loss. where do YOU draw the line?
It depends on the manufacturing process used.
In this case, both are using TSMC's 40nm manufacturing process, so they can't control how well TSMC's manufacturing process works.

However, AMD's 5000 series GPU's are a very efficient design, and can really make the most of the manufacturing process they're made on.

6 months late and it barely beats the competition, and costs LOADS more, and has NO overclocking headroom.

The thing is, even if it was released along with the 5870 6 months ago I don't see it selling much. The 4870 and 4850 outsold the NVIDIAs competition by a long, long way...and this was not because it was the faster card (it wasn't at all), but because it was priced well.

Basically, nvidia have failed big-time and anyone who buys this card needs a serious reality check.

^^ I've always liked Slaymate's approach to these things lol :D

I will be buying a couple of aftermarket coolers unless my Accelero's happen to fit. Then I'll be looking into some new fans :D

Good thing you got that PSU for free, that definitely sets you up...tri sli? :devil:

SLIed 480's and an i7 980x should do you nicely :D

Unless I can get my hands on a 980x engineering sample I don't see that happening anytime soon :sad:

Good thing you got that PSU for free, that definitely sets you up...tri sli? :devil:

I've had it for almost 3 years now, I need to get set back up doing reviews :D

I'm not a fan of Tri-SLI. Even with low-powered cards it hard to handle the heat because you can't get good ventilation between the cards :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom