Nothing quite like Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason Apple has so much hype about new products compared to other companies is because other companies release dozens of phones a year. Apple releases one new refresh of their products on a pretty much yearly basis. Despite having the antenna problem, the iPhone 4 is still the most popular smart phone :tongue:

Reminds me of the Motorola Droid... Everyone was saying "this is the phone to kill the iPhone"
It sold alright.. then the Droid 2 came out with not nearly as much fanfare as the Droid 1. Apple gets more and more publicity every phone they release, and even the negative press (Antenna problems) isn't enough to stop them from selling millions :tongue:

Samsung's Galaxy S phones are a much better example of a phone meant to kill the iPhone. The Original Galaxy S sold very well but the Galaxy S2 is the real success. It has already sold 5 million devices in the short time it has been on the market and it hasn't even been released worldwide.

Plus you do have to remember than Android is outselling the iPhone 5:2 which makes it the more popular platform.

"Here's a question, why does Apple overcharge for a lot of the components going into their computer?"

Because they can. And people will pay for it.

I like both systems but i have a problem with how apple treats resellers (the the one i work for) it is really rediqulious. not only do apple stores and the apple website get first pick. but then the store has to jump through 3000 hoops to get authorization and once your authorized you have to deal with the 2% mark up that you make (that is why we don't sell apple cables and software) the problems with the macbook airs are case and point. if you order one right now online you will get it in a week but we have had 10 on order for 6 weeks and not one has come... and all this to make $50 a system

Samsung's Galaxy S phones are a much better example of a phone meant to kill the iPhone. The Original Galaxy S sold very well but the Galaxy S2 is the real success. It has already sold 5 million devices in the short time it has been on the market and it hasn't even been released worldwide.

Plus you do have to remember than Android is outselling the iPhone 5:2 which makes it the more popular platform.
Well, as a platform yes.. But I'm doing a very narrow (minded? :tongue:) comparison of hardware sales.

Why I do that is because not all Android phones on store shelves at the moment can run all the software in the Android Market and run many different Android versions. If you look at it on a version vs version basis, I'm willing to bet iOS 4.x is leading the pack, or is much closer to a 1:1 ratio than 5:2 (vs Android 2.x).

The Galaxy S II was the first Android phone I really wanted. That thing looks niiiice. Haven't had chance to use one though :tongue:

Version by version basis you would still be off a bit. The fact is over 85% of Android phones on the market right now are Android 2.2 Froyo and very few are on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. There is less than 8% of Android phones on the market that are running OTA Gingerbread.

So the sales of Android phones on a version to version basis would still be over a 2:1 ratio. Since the majority of phones are still Android 2.2 being sold. Plus you have to factor in that not every iPhone sold is an iPhone 4. AT&T has had a deal going on to get the iPhone 3GS for $30 for the 8GB model. So get the coveted iPhone for $30 or $200? I am willing to bet that there are still iPhone 3GS's being sold even today and not all are iPhone 4. The reason I being it up, they were never recalled to install the latest version of iOS. So they are not technically going to be running iOS 4.x when the package is opened. Just like I could sell a Android phone that is 2.2 but has the upgrade available to take up to 2.3 but it is not applied.

So there are more than just version to version aspect's that have to be taken into consideration. I can tell you from personal experience that I sold an iPhone 3GS not long ago cause we didnt have any iPhone 4's in stock but had a 3GS still. they wanted an iPhone so they took the 3GS.

The only thing I can honestly say is overall I have sold more Android based phones than iPhones since May of last year. Even when we got in 50 iPhone's for Verizon we still have not sold half of them.

I would love to get a SGII, but really it is only .3 inches bigger screen size and 3MP in the camera. I cant really see a reason to spend another $200 for those improvements.

I would love to get a SGII, but really it is only .3 inches bigger screen size and 3MP in the camera. I cant really see a reason to spend another $200 for those improvements.
Well yeah, there's very little reason to go from an Atrix to the S2. My Galaxy S to the S2 would be a more sensible upgrade :)

The Apple sign is so well shown that it is obvious to see. The fact that it is on the back of a Mac Book markets itself, even in other adverts, like DFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom