No Sony Price drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't developers out to make money? I didn't realize coding on a more difficult platform for fun was a main objective for a business -- I guess I was wrong.

TheEnd, that is perhaps one of the most incorrect posts I have read from you in a long while. They just "don't want to do it, even though Sony gives them the best tools and (I don't g et this one) code??? OK, first of all the development tools suck. That is what most say. Second of all, it is time consuming, that is why so much coming out for the PS3 is lack luster at best (see my post about how the business of gaming works and time constraints, ie release a game before the engine gets out dated). The sad fact of the matter is Sony is NOT helping the coding community out much at all. They are treating them about like they treat their customers with a deal with it attitude. The rabid PS3 fan may take this and shrug it off like a trained pet, but coders have WAY to much to worry about, namely spending a lot of a publisher and developers money on making a game that if not completed on time or is no good will lose the partnership with said publishers, so you see Sony is making mistake after mistake. TheEnd you really need a better grasp on not only technology, but also on how economics work and when I say economics, money is only part of it... supply, demand, time limits, outdated production, etc. Lose any of that, and it looses a lot of it's fire.

Unreal Engine 3 is old as Fu(K and everyone still uses it. I know everyone is on a time frame and has to keep on schedule and under budget, but for the coders not putting in the extra work, comeon its your job, What if a crosswalker only walked you halfway accross the street? or if a doctor only finished stitching 80% of your wound?

So you are comparing programmers jobs with people who are in a position where ones life is at stake? Wow. Talk about trying to keep things one sided. I'm not exactly sure who your 'friends' who program are, and I'm starting to have my serious doubts but I know of NO programmer who enjoys TEDIOUS coding because of shoddy instruction sets, ill timed hardware changes and STILL poor developer kits. I think you're really reaching for straws, and hate to tell ya this but UT3 engine is NOT outdated. You are saying that to prove a point that you know is incorrect.

i didnt say UE3 is outdated im just sick of it, for god's sake its like in every game now, still a good engine though until it gets annihalated by the "White Engine"

Well I would agree there... not sick of it, but like ever iteration of the Unreal Engine it is used in far to many games.

i herd sony had made there psp lighter(less mass) and its goin on sale soon at a unkown price but it makes you wonder i bet they were able to do that before the 1st psp release but another way to make money out of people, i bet they psp out now wont drop but the new lighter 1 will be almost double

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom