No info found for my mod needs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ando

Beta member
Hey. I have the usual "disc read error problem", and have been turning the gear behind the disc drive to success for about three months now. Last week, though, it became worse than ever.

At first, I'd turn the gear, start it up, and not have to do it again for about the next 5 - 10 start-ups. This stopped in about one month's time. Now I would have to turn the gear every time I wanted to play. No big deal, I thought. "It's better than not having a playstation....". This lasted until last week.

Now when I wanna play games, I have turn the gear, but only get about 15 minutes of playing time. This is NOT a proper amount of time to kill all the "pixel-people" I feel I need to in GTA. Now here's my query.......

To start, I'll say that I am not an experienced "modder" in any sense. Thus, my idea may be a stupid one. I'll sum it up it as quickly as I can.

Basically:

1. My PS2 drive is almost dead. It's gotta go.
2. I have a DVD drive for a pc.
3. Can I put it in my PS2?

Please somebody help me!!! I've searched through 27 (yes, 27) forums, and got nothing out of it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

timmer said:
yo just call sony and tell them ur problem send it to them for 10$

this may be true, but for what he wants, they'll charge him the same price as if he went and bought a new system now.

You could do this, or buy a new PS2, put that drive in your half-busted one, and BAM! two PS2's. :D or you could simply try putting in the new drive.

Open it up, unplug the other drive, put in yours and it should work. Theoretically.

The connections between the two differ greatly. All of the ps2 wires are lead to their own proprietary plastic connectors. I think what I need to do is find a way to splice those cables into the type used in pcs. I feel very "iffy" about this project. It'll either be a great success, or a disaster. However, should I be successful, I will share all of the knowledge I've obtained throughout the course of the project. Hey, maybe we could all have faster ps2's? Maybe no more "skipping" while watching a dvd because the ps2 can't keep up. But hey, maybe sony will stop using cheap parts.................. I can dream, can't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom