No audio or usb and only half of the hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
It says no audio device.

Only showing half of my hard drive space.

I can't download windows xp service pack 1 or 2 as it will not let me.

Is there another way to install the usb, sound drivers and fix the hard drive?

Update - The audio driver problem is because I don't have windows xp service pack 1, and since I can't download that and there doesn't seem to be away around it, I will end up having to do something about getting another copy of windows xp.

wanna explain more about how you can't Download them? you should set windows to download them on there own.. u shouldn't have any problems with downloading them. If you use dial up.. u can still download them however it might take a little longer for you to do so.. there shouldn't be any reason y you can't download them unless your not using a legal copy of windows and if thats the case then we won't help you cause we don't promote illegal software.

It could be a software issue, if so I will have to purchase a copy of windows Xp, I can't find another way to install the drivers without service pack 1 and 2, doesn't appear to be a way.

use another pc and download and burn to a cd or another hdd, put it in, and install sp2.

that should fix problems

I'm still not able to download service pack 2 from another system, when I buy a copy of windows xp I want to make sure I can load the entire program with sp2 without having to be online, and if the computer dies I would like it to work on another system, which really should not been an issue for some time. At least be able to reload windows back on to the system without issue.

you dont have to be online, go to a freinds house, download Sp2, burn it onto a CD-R, put the CD into the drive of your pc, install it, yey its fixed. whats wrong with doing that?

I was able to fix the problem without having to copy the files from someone else. It was just an error.

Now with SP2 it still only shows half a hard drive.

I was able to fix the problem without having to copy the files from someone else. It was just an error.

Now with SP2 it still only shows half a hard drive.

What size is it showing? You need partition magic to resize that partition on the hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom