nigerian scammer got payback on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was scammed on ebay like that. The guy was VERY clever. He had EXCELLENT communication with me. The last I heard from him, he was going to his office to get the tracking number and he would email it to me. 3 years later and $1,000 lost, no package.

Western Union said we had no way of getting the money back and if we don't pay it, they will come after us. Nice.

Crysalis said:
I was scammed on ebay like that. The guy was VERY clever. He had EXCELLENT communication with me. The last I heard from him, he was going to his office to get the tracking number and he would email it to me. 3 years later and $1,000 lost, no package.

Western Union said we had no way of getting the money back and if we don't pay it, they will come after us. Nice.

Luckily, over here nobody uses money orders. We all use wire transfer, some use Paypal, and few use credit cards. It typically takes about 1 day if you transfer the money to a bank account in the same country. If you select "urgent" it takes less than an hour. If you received the money in your account, there's no such thing as "bouncing", the money is yours.

It is safer, cheaper, easier, and faster than money order. Kinda like Paypal, basically. I don't know if you use wire transfer a lot in the US, but in Europe it is. International transfers only cost a lot if done internationally without entering the IBAN or SWIFT codes for the receipients bank account, or when using a business bank account. Transferring money within the EU is free.

I can totally see ryan getting scammed off of ebay.

owned_2.jpg

LOL!

We scammed a scammer once. He ordered a top of the line computer from us. So we prentended that we took his payment. So we sent him a dead computer 486 computer instead.

We was not happy because I think it was him that had the float the bill for customes duties. It was not like he could take us to the police or any thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom