Next Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have heard that nintendo may well go the way of sega and just produce games and no consoles (apart from handhelds)

Playstation 3 will outsell all consoles just as the ps2 did as microsoft make an awful console which may be faster but is so wooly and had crap controllers. So again the PS lineage will be the most successful

Xbox 2 will flop as it will be buggy and just a slight upgrade of the previous console and will still have stupid controllers and shit games like halo 31

ive heard that its code name is something like the N5, IBM chipset, dont know the video chipset developer, but the xbox2 or whatever is gettin ATi, so nintendo might have lost them there.

on controllers: LOL the n64 was so funny. people to NOT have three hands. i want a third hand.. :( . GCN's controller is good besides that tiny d-pad, but i do like the XBOX's large controller better.

N5's gonna have even more competition, this upcomming generation is make or break for nintendo: xbox 2, ps3, phantom, psp handheld, zodiac handheld, and maybe more?... lose the kiddie games and step up in performance. i love the nintendo exclusive games like zelda mario and so on a lot though. MAKE MORE DONKEY KONG GAMES!!! no bongo's plz..

9homersimpson9 said:
Its not that im mad,
I just dont think microsoft deserve to be in the
game console market.

I had an xbox but i really hated it.
The controller was 2 big and chunky.
And i had the controller S.

I love playing the PS2 and the Gamecube.

Even games like FIFA that is out on the 3 consoles
i just could not enjoy playing them on a Xbox
and it was all because of that brick of a controller.

OK I made it this far listening to all the stupidty and lack of main stream facts. First I own all three and the PS2 is the BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK. They have control over the gaming market (Through contract aka rockstar) but that is ending really quick.

1)The XBOX represents what AMERICAN GAMING CAN BE!!! Gates had it built to show that american systems can kick a$$ and quite frankly you take steel battalion or Halo out and you see nothing but hard core ADULT gaming.

2)Even japanese game makers hate the PS2 take the creator of the resident evil series. He says and I quote (He said this in Japan over the radio) "The PS and PS2 systems are horrible I had to buy 2 due to the faulty lasers and design! I refuse to create for the PS2 again!" The article can be found in Gameinformer issue 115 on page 32. The maker is Shinji Mikami.

3)If you consider your dislike for Microsoft and there business practices to be a valid reason for hating the XBOX then say that PS2 is so wonderful, your a f**cking idiot. You know nothing of the real Sony, they make Gates and Micorsoft look like a kid in a candy store throughing a fit over not getting anything. Go read the book the Japan that could not say no. Sony has not only held back the american gaming market by not releasing games and add-ons that are released in japan but they have stopped games from coming over, given us faulty systems built with polycarbin lasers that are the most easily scratchable surface for a laser lens not to mention the real evil they have done to the Japanese people to include foot shortages etc. If you want to make a stupid statement of such about Microsoft then you better know what your talking about when you back Sony. I am a Mac Addict and have a very good reason to hate gates which I do, but I like the XBOX. Get all the facts before you make yourself look stupid!

4)As for games on the XBOX:
Ninja Gaiden (New and kicks everything out right now out of the water this a return to true hard core hard gaming!), Dead or Alive now being on the XBOX only. Team Ninja creates only for the best system and with the XBOX 2 being powered by the G5, yeah right are we gonna see something that Sony makes top it. Sony works alone and both Nintendo and Microsoft work with nVidia, ATI, IBM and Intel. (Now add Apple/IBM) Sony is errogant and I personally do not think that after the things that have done not to mention the crappy systems when they are first released (Lets remember the first playstation's caught fire!!!!!)Back to XBOX games: Halo and soon Halo 2, all your sports games look 100% better when you take into account the PS2 version run off 72 polgons and the faces of those in the XBOX have 72 polgons alone!! Then you have the GTA's now available since they are no longer under contract with Sony. I do not think you will see Sony holding that title any longer (Alone that is). Metal Gear Solid also on the CUBE AND THE XBOX!!! Now lets add in that the creator for MGS was very impressed with what the system could do, I think we can expect to see more on the XBOX from him. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic again a game that just floored the idea of what could be done!

Now back to the topic, it was my understanding that the new nintendo system would be out this year. Also add in Prime 2 coming out this year (October I believe) and you have something to look forward to. Nintendo has gone the kiddy route and I have been unhappy with that but they have gotten FF back on the system and Capcom is behind them. Mega Man is back on the system including the new Mega Man Collection to be released soon which includes all the original Mega mans and the acrade versions. Who cares about the controller. I like the XBOX Type S and the Game Cube Controllers as well as the PS2 one. If you rank a system by its controller rather than how much fun you have you might as well rate a system on the fact of how much you like the shrink wrapping they do of the games they sell. I could care less who thought of the analog first. The N64 was not a great system but it was good. It had some very good Zelda's (Unlike the Cube) and Mario was fun on it. It is not a great system but I liked it just as much as the PS system. I think we can expect to see both NIntendo and XBOX around for sometime. I personally do not want to see Nintendo go because with how Sony f**ks the US over if you want them to have complete control *Laugh* you know it would be so funny to see you get what you want only to realise just want it is your going to get.

Oh and BEANBAGMAN or what ever your name is, the portable gaming market is RUN COMPLETELY by Nintendo. You think they are going to be just unseated? Do you even have a fact to back that up or are you just a hater with no real facts to back anything you say? Nintendo has provided us with a LASTING portable gaming market and I must say that stand the test of time Nintendo is the maker who has been here the longest, Sony has built its way into the console market off of Nintendo's product. (If you did not know the PS was a Nintendo creation that they sold). The GameBoy will continue to hold the market, look at how many systems ahve tried to compete with it, Sega's Game Gear, The Wonder Swan, the Neo Geo, the NGage and there are many more like the Lynx. Nintendo has stood the test of time I think the better question in that market would be is, does Sony have a chance with there new system the PS Portable? It looks like it will have a much better chance then the NGage but we will have to see. I personally look forward to its release as well as the release of the DS Gameboy.

The xbox controller s is the only controller I am actually comfortable holding, that gamecube pos is just that, a pos.

how about why you don't like it, why you like the XBOX Type S? Not to nail you here but how about stating more then "hey Nintendo sucks cause they do". Granted Nintendo probably will not find out why but still if your going to dislike something you have a reason. Like I stated, I dislike Sony because in reality they are worse then Microsoft in business practices and they hold back gaming advancements and games from the US. It may just be me but I am sick of hearing ppl bash something and not really post a valid reason.

I'm sorry, My reason fot not liking most nintentdo products is that all there products look "kiddish" and the grips on the Game cube controller just don't work for me, they don't fit my hands. I also dislike how they use gamebit drivers on all there systems which makes it very difficult to open them. I am one that mods my systems after the warranty has run out. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the games on Gamecube but I would never spend my money on a system.

lazerman said:
I'm sorry, My reason fot not liking most nintentdo products is that all there products look "kiddish"

well, you know, there is a reason for that. Who would play kiddish games? kids. Which minds are the easiest to manipulate? kids. out of all the age groups, who plays the most games? kids. Although nintendo's choice of games may not meet your taste, they do to many others. I think people at nintendo are marketting geniouses. They take the most popular kiddy crap, and make games out of em. and guess what, a lot of them do really freakin well; like pokemon.

i think all the systems are pretty good. its just that certain games have no substance. I basically love any and all RPGs....but things like sports should be left out of the electronic gaming community. Yea i know, they provide cheap thrills.....but after a while, it gets pretty f**king boring. I think this from penny arcade kinda helps prove my point.

http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-02-09&res=l

The N64 Analogue stick uses a different principle than the PSX one, I think so anyway, had a conversation about this a long time ago and can't remember how each of them worked. The PSX analogue stick is far more precise and smoother than the N64 one.
Both Joypads are good anyway, but the PSX pad was more ergonomic and - in terms of using the dpad and the stick, and generally more practical. The N64 one meant you could only use one stick at a time without having to constantly move your hand to and from the Z trigger handle, but that isn't a big deal because very few N64 games used the regular dpad.

The GC pad is probably the best control pad I've used, though.

The PSX pad is far superior to the N64 pad. Sorry!
It's more practical - both the analogue stick and the dpad were easy to reach - the N64 pad meants you had to constantly move your hand too and from the Z trigger handle (which isn't much of an issue because few games used the dpad).
Even though the N64 had a port for memory cards and rumble packs, the PSX pad had rumble built in, and few games used the memory card slot of the N64 pad.

The N64 joystick is analogue, just that it uses a different principle - the PSX one is more precise and, has a better grip, and has a smoother motion.

The GC pad is the best pad I've ever used though

bemanisuperstar said:
all we know is it's an IBM chip set. and it will once again have the worst controller in the biz.

okay, maybe for a LEFTY, its bad . . .

sonys ps2 controller is too symmetrical and doesnt give favor to one hand . . .

xbox is too big . . . and dont give me any $ h ! T about controller S

gamecube is PERFECT in asthetics . . .

theyre like the apple of the gaming industry :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom