New Rig, New questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
true true about the boards...but the problem is the "good" board naturally have SLI. The non SLI boards aren't too great. The good ones are jsut as expensive. Nitestick is right too, ASUS really dropped the ball this time around. ASUS used to be a better board. Now its all about DFI. I'm going for a sweet Biostar myself....Seems to be a gem.

SLI isn't a waste if you want HIGH HIGH HIGH quality gaming (1600x1200 AA AF) its the only way to get playable fps in fear maxed as so. Or the DC patch that seems to be rather sucessful ;)

AM2 was a huge flop. Haven't you seen the post on AM2 Preview? It scored LESS than the corrisponding cpus on every benchmark. Don't bother with it yet. not touch that crap

I'd say wait for the G71 or G80s to come out if your pouring money into a new system. Even if you don't want a newer series gpu, the price of a7800GT or 7800GTX will drop a LOT when they come out.

And for XP...don't ever buy software! Just download it!

I think I will wait to buy gpu. But I do want to get an SLI mobo relatively cheap. I want to get 1 card now, then when games get a little better get the other. I think i've decided on the opteron 170 b.c i wont overclock it before im confident i know what im doing or get a buddy to do it. Im goin to get that G.Skill Ram, the WDHDD's. How much do u think a bottom line 7900 will cost, it should prbly still be faster than a 7800gtx 256 or about the same with DX10?

DX10 isn't out yet and won't be for a loooong time. the G80s maybe. but def NOT the 7900s.

And as for SLI, it only works for HIGH HIGH HIGH graphics (1600x1200 AA AF) If you buy it because your system wont play games at playable fps in low quality, you'll be buying a nice expensive paper weight. SLI needs to be purchased ASAP or in the beginning of the build, the more you wait, the more the idea becomes fruitless. Like if you're playing a game MAXED and you're fps aren't outstanding...then buy it. It's no "Life Breather" of PCs though if you're already playing in low settings and dont like your fps...its more like NOS for already high performance systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom