New Rig, games are slower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, actually, I just finished installing Win7. The load test was made on it. I'm going now to install COD4 and see if it's doing same problem.

BRB

Yeah, actually, I just finished installing Win7. The load test was made on it. I'm going now to install COD4 and see if it's doing same problem.

BRB

I'd be surprised if a new OS or reinstall would fix your problem. It sounds like you have a hardware or driver issue.

If you still have the same issue list here what peripherals you have. You may also want to try to install your CCC and ATI drivers again.

Edit: i just noticed something. It states you are running the 4800 series drivers. There is a specific driver for the 4890's. Did you install the 4800 drivers or the 4890 driver? That could be your problem right there?

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

9.10? I had the 9.9 installed

But anyways, I tried cod4 on new win config (win7). I have to say it's less buggy. It still is sometimes in the round for like 30 seconds then it come back to normal.

Because I have asus eah4890, I installed the asus drivers, not the ati. I saw that Asus drivers were 8.6 and Ati lastest were 8.5

But I'll have a chek on catalyst 9.10

I'll go try another game. CSS

9.10 just came out today. You should install the driver and CCC as a package and see how that works out for you.

Did you try to the reset CCC config idea I told you?

Windows 7 and catalyst 9.10 FTW!

Everything works just perfectly fine now.

There is still one little thing and it's about the audio. So I know it's the wrong section but... anyways.

I had the same problem with vista 64. I have a Audigy 2 value. I have the lastest drivers, but the max sound is really low and the audio console is not giving me the whole options I used to have on Xp (Surround sound, or presets) so I can't use my 5.1 set of speakers. It's only stereo.

So I tried on the onboard audio card. The 5.1 works with the lastest drivers but still when I play music it's only stereo, even if I can hear in the audio set-up the 6 channels.

Weird isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom