New Rig, games are slower

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanKicker

Solid State Member
Hi,

i just bought a new config. I'm running windows Xp 32bit. I know I should run vista 64 but it is just soooo slow, and I hate it. I'm waiting for Win7 64. Anyways, here is my problem. i tried two games, Cod4 and Css. When I play cod4, there is a graphic lag that occurs 1 time per second approximatly ( But I get 100 FPS). When I play on local or singleplayer, it's the whole game that slows down, really slows down (The fire rate and when my player runs, the world around too). So I tried CSS, here, I get a fluidity issue, when I move around the map the grapchics aren't smooth (And still I get 85 FPS all time).

When I'm on desktop everything is fine, no bugs, nothing. It's only on gaming.

I installed the lastest drivers for everything. Motherboard, graphics and audio, also directX and .Net framework. Because I have the i7 processor, I thought that it could be the turbo boost thing that messed everything up, so I disabled it. Still got the same prob.

Here is my rig

Motherboard: Intel DP55KG
Processor: Intel i7 860 2.8GHz
Graphic: Asus ATI EAH4890
RAM: Kinsgton VR DDR3 1066 2X2GB
PS: Corsair HX 520w
Audio: Creative Audigy 2 ZR

4vy.png

ess.png

Is your gpu getting enough power? Might sound stupid but you have power connections on both connections for the gpu? Is that psu enough for that gpu? I couldn't find minimum specs for that gpu.

Another thing you might want to try is go into your CCC and click restore defaults for all settings on the card. I had this problem once and I never messed with the sliders but for some reason clicking restore defaults fixed my problem.

Did you build this?

Off topic.. ort maybe on... vista shouldn't be slow on that system.. i'm vista ult x64 on my q6600 and home prem on my lappy with t5800 2.0ghz.

The 520 should run it no prob, but I wonder if its dieing, or another peice is.

Ans if nthe vista slowness, is the same issue.

Last question.. whasts your gpu temp at load?

520 watts sounds low to me. This is the bare minimun with just 1 HD and 1 Optical. You'll need fans and you should add extra power for future upgrades and you never want to be maxed out. Using 80% of the rated power is optimal. With your system you should get the Corsair 750watt.
temp1w.jpg

Okay,

First of all, thank you guys for your answers.

Chad,
I have to cables connected to my GPU, so she gets enough juice. I'll do what you request with the CCC. A technician configured it, and I was standing right next to him, he knew what he did.

Patonb,
It's not that vista was slow, it's just that I hate the fact it takes 3-4 minutes to be ready to use when you start it.

Slaymate,
With the power supply, I think it's enought. The HX series are very powerfull. The indicated 520 watt is a constant one, not a peak. It's like in audio, you get standart watt and RMS watts. My PS is like a 520 RMS ;).

But anyway, I got my win7 and will install it... maybe tonight. I'll post back but will try the CCC thing first.

DanKicker said:
It's not that vista was slow, it's just that I hate the fact it takes 3-4 minutes to be ready to use when you start it.
Sounds like you need to clean out your startup items.

I use AnVir Task Manager for mine, but CCleaner can do it, too. Run it, choose Tools on the left, and then Startup. Disable everything except for what you need/want... like your antivirus and stuff like that. Once you are done, reboot and see if it doesn't make a nice difference.

Ok thanks, but anyway, this is not the point of the thread. After a bunch of tests. My games are still laggy and or crashing.

There is 2 options now. I might be missing juice from power supply. Or my video card is damaged. What should I do to know what issue it is?

WTH?? I swear I posted asking... And i did, in my first post...

Whats your temps at load? Youre 40 at idle, but idle means little.

Good cdhance youre getting heat build up. What case do you have?

Oh I'm sorry Patonb, should have missed it.

Okay so here it is.

Case is the Antec Nine Hundred and my gpu temp idle is 44C or 111F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom