CPU cooler: Sunbeam 92 mm core-contact
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 5850
PSU: Corsair 750tx
Mobo: MSI 790fx-gd70
Case: Coolermaster Scout Mid-level
Memory: Corsair ddr3 2x2gb xms3
CD drive: LG bluray dvd-rw
HDD: Seagate 500gb and 1tb, 7200 rpm.

I have all the hardware put in and I think I have all the psu cables correctly positioned as when i turn it on, the mobo lights up and everything works besides one thing, the rear fan. I'm guessing I could figure this one out as it's probably just a wiring issue but there was an issue with my front panel connector plug ins. I plugged my pwr sw fpc in and it worked, and same with my rst sw, but my hdd led and pwr led lights seem to not light up at all and I've put them in the right slots according to the mobo manual. If anyone knows what's wrong that would be greatly appreciated..

Also ordered the a new 5850 video card and I was really excited to get it, except when I attached it to the mobo, the thing sounded like a fan from the 80's. I don't know if it's just running at 100% straight out of the box (which seems a bit weird), or if it's a broken video card (which also seems pretty unlikely as sapphire is usually very reliable).

LAST thing, I've tried to hook the computer up to a monitor and no image shows and no bios option comes up. Could this be due to my video card?

Thanks for any help in advance.

I would reseat the 5850 and make sure enough power is going to everything. I just got a 5770 and it did make a little bit of noise on start up, but is quiet now. Do not use any adapters for the power supply. Only cables direct from the power supply.

Check the easy things first: reseating everything and making sure power goes where it needs to be. Do you have a spare power supply to use to test and make sure the psu in your case is in good working order?

EDIT: regarding your hdd and power led's, flip the connectors going to the motherboard. (ie: if writing is on top, flip it so the writing is facing down. It is a common mistake, but easily fixed.

Also, once you get into windows you can adjust the fan speed so it more suits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom